Dash help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dash help within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; i need help taking my dash apart. i am trying to figure out what comes apart and where to get ...

Dash help

i need help taking my dash apart. i am trying to figure out what comes apart and where to get the stock headunit out. are there any tutorials or useful help out there? i have a '05 STi
    2005 STi, WRB with Gold Wheels, MY05 Cobb Accessport Stage 1 , JT-X Carbon Fiber Hood (CF1), 20% Tint, Invidia N1 Race Catback, Cusco front and rear stut bars, Cleared Headlights, Pink "i" Symbol, JDM Hazard light button, Black "STI" License Plate piece, Mine's Carbon Fiber Spoiler

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I did a quick search and came up with the answer easily
    stock radio removal

doesnt help me on a 04-05 STi...has anyone tried a Chiltons manual???
    2005 STi, WRB with Gold Wheels, MY05 Cobb Accessport Stage 1 , JT-X Carbon Fiber Hood (CF1), 20% Tint, Invidia N1 Race Catback, Cusco front and rear stut bars, Cleared Headlights, Pink "i" Symbol, JDM Hazard light button, Black "STI" License Plate piece, Mine's Carbon Fiber Spoiler

ok to get the stock cd player out follow these steps.

1. take off shift nob
    2. pull up on the trim that goes around the shifter. it will just pop off.
    3. look under the cd player and you will see a screw on each sideon the bottom, take those out.
    4. the just pull the trim around the receiver toward you. it will come almost all the way out untill the top,
    5 get a small flat head screw driver and wedge it between the trim and the dash on the top left and then top right. and pull it out.
    6. be carefull not to mess up the dash and the cords that go to the air

thats it. 2 screw, the rest is clips. this is for an 04-05 wrx
    wtb aftermarket parts for a wrx

okay, what about the clock? i can pull up on it(nearest the windsheild) and two white clips let go, but how do i get the two clips to let go nearest the seats???

yeah just pull... but why do you need to take that out
    wtb aftermarket parts for a wrx

Quote Originally Posted by toolow67
    okay, what about the clock? i can pull up on it(nearest the windsheild) and two white clips let go, but how do i get the two clips to let go nearest the seats???

Just held in by 4 clips just pull harder :P
    2005 CGM WRX / 1994 Legacy Turbo Wagon
    Do not believe that you do not control your own fate.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.