Tutorial on changing instrument panel color. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tutorial on changing instrument panel color. within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; and lastly......

and lastly...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hvac open.JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

aiite thanks a lot! now im off to work!
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se

dude im freakin out here i cannot get my needles to function normally. i have tried freakin everything...what the hell do i do?
    It is better to have others think that you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

02 WRX 44k - sold 2/28/5
    96 Corolla 128k
    92 Corolla 160k
    88 Accord 208k
    90 Voyager 242k

Just curious as to where you got those pics? Not the car ones, the ones that look like they're from a service manual. I've been looking for one and found that Helms doesn't offer one on their site.
    #1 ROTA Dealer! - JLB Motorsports
    Not to mention everything else they carry, like Ksport, Invidia etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by GSR WRX
    Just curious as to where you got those pics? Not the car ones, the ones that look like they're from a service manual. I've been looking for one and found that Helms doesn't offer one on their site.
    They're from the Subaru service manual. I have a PDF version of the manual.

aOh
    amazing post. I know everyone apriciates your time put into this tutorial. I have one question though.. is there any way to do this with a 2005 WRX?

I haven't opened up a newer cluster but I'm sure it's pretty close. No matter what year, it's a risky endeavor so have a back up plan if it gets screwed up. Just remember, no matter how tempting, don't remove the needles. To me though, it was worth the risk to get rid of that low budget looking green.

does the 05 have the green film in the back?

If they light up green then I would bet that it has the film on it. It's pretty easy to just pop open the cluster and pull the face back a bit. The film is basically there to distribute the light evenly. When I was scraping mine, I noticed that it was a bit thicker over the bulbs.

What tone of color were the lights, were they dark green or light green.Mine is light green.
    I'm asuming that if its light green then they probably put a green cap on top of the light?
    Last edited by lk9865; 03-31-2005 at 02:26 PM.

I guess they were light/bright green. My 02 cluster had green film plus green bulb 'condoms'.

isn´t it easyer to replace the lights with the STI OEM´s?
    04 Track Seeker RED WRX
    05 Silver Peugeot 307

http://img437.imageshack.us/img437/6847/mamao4ls.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Digo
    isn´t it easyer to replace the lights with the STI OEM´s?
    does anyone know the answer to this and have directions if this is possible
    Vibrant cat-back exhaust. Black silver rim ADR 18"/ kuhmo 225/40/18. kenwood deck, 2 12" kenwood excelons w/ 1100W kenwood amp. Cobb acessport------------coming soon

Do you mean change the entire instrument cluster with an STi? If so, then yes it's quite easy once you buy the STi cluster. I believe that there's a resistor or something that you have to wire in so that it doesn't blow a fuse but I'm not sure on the specifics.

If you are just talking about replacing the bulbs then I doubt it will work because you still have the green film behind the gauges. This tutorial is more about changing the look for cheap. You'll have to shell out at least a couple hundred bucks for an STi cluster.

However, the STi cluster is teh ****! If you have the means, I'd highly recommend picking one up. They're sooo choice. (hehe guess the movie)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.