Yet another boost guage install - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Yet another boost guage install within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by lundholm08 now I am debating whether or not to go off of these lines rather than the ...

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    now I am debating whether or not to go off of these lines rather than the bpv line everyone uses it seems...

Did you consider using the placement off the manifold like the pictures I provided? Just curious. Someone said it was more accurate...
    Subaru taps the BPV line, so it shouldn't be too off. Plus its closer to the firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    True... My drunk 12 y/o cousin is in no state to install a boost gauge.
    Drunk 12 y/o? Whats wrong with you...

You know you shouldnt let kids drink until theyre 13.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Pactin View Post
    Subaru taps the BPV line, so it shouldn't be too off. Plus its closer to the firewall.
    I decided to go with the manifold reading as per my limited research on many forums online They all say the manifold is a more accurate place to get readings... but you're right, the distance is a little farther. My Prosport gauge now reads way past the -10 PSI the AP v1 read, into the negatives of near 20. Makes me think it's either A) more accurate and better than the AP reading and/or B) I have more vacuum now that there is more tubing and distance. Either way, the boost is immediately seen on the gauge, and I love it! Readings aren't as high as I thought they would be... I can't even break 13 PSI... but then again, I did just reset the ECU.... so we shall see... maybe I'll play around with the best place to put it. If this doesn't work, I'll go to the BPV line like you suggested.

I Support ClubWRX
    I decided to go with the manifold reading as per my limited research on many forums online They all say the manifold is a more accurate place to get readings... but you're right, the distance is a little farther. My Prosport gauge now reads way past the -10 PSI the AP v1 read, into the negatives of near 20. Makes me think it's either A) more accurate and better than the AP reading and/or B) I have more vacuum now that there is more tubing and distance. .
    -10psi and 20 inHg(vacuum,not -20psi) are two different measurements......I think you need to learn to read a boost/vac gauge.
    Last edited by Donkey; 05-31-2009 at 01:59 PM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    -10psi and 20 inHg(vacuum,not -20psi) are two different measurements......I think you need to learn to read a boost/vac gauge.
    OK, but if it is not even going past 13 on the PSI side, am I reading that wrong? And at idle it reads 20+ inches of mercury... I doubt that means I have 9.82 PSI at idle... lol... nevertheless, I'll check Google now

I Support ClubWRX
    OK, but if it is not even going past 13 on the PSI side, am I reading that wrong? And at idle it reads 20+ inches of mercury... I doubt that means I have 9.82 PSI at idle... lol... nevertheless, I'll check Google now
    Jebus........vacuum is measured in inches of mercury.Boost is measured in PSI.You can't have 9.82psi of vacuum because vacuum is the direct opposite of positive pressure.Only been working on cars for 20 years,I'm pretty sure I know what I talking about...........One side of the gauge is for vacuum ,the other for positive pressure.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Wrinklechops
    Jebus........vacuum is measured in inches of mercury.Boost is measured in PSI.You can't have 9.82psi of vacuum because vacuum is the direct opposite of positive pressure.Only been working on cars for 20 years,I'm pretty sure I know what I talking about...........One side of the gauge is for vacuum ,the other for positive pressure.

Yea dude... I get it... not that retarded... it also doesn't take a genius to look up a simple conversion table or do the math yourself to see that 20inhg = 9.82 PSI. I'm sure we could get Ray or Mycologist or some of the other smart engineer types with PhDs in Math over here to explain? lol I know one side measures in boost, one in vacuum, I get it, I get it. You didn't answer my question though...my gauge won't even break the 12-13 needle barrier! lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea dude... I get it... not that retarded...
    I beg to differ..........

My Prosport gauge now reads way past the -10 PSI the AP v1 read, into the negatives of near 20. Makes me think it's either A) more accurate and better than the AP reading and/or B) I have more vacuum now that there is more tubing and distance
    Yeah,your right on top of things........
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Wrinklechops
    I beg to differ..........

Yeah,your right on top of things........

Then why does the Accessport display readings in NEGATIVE PSI? It surely doesn't do it in InHg....

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you two need to be put into time out??

Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Then why does the Accessport display readings in NEGATIVE PSI? It surely doesn't do it in InHg....
    And negative is the key word.....

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08
    it also doesn't take a genius to look up a simple conversion table or do the math yourself to see that 20inhg = 9.82 PSI.
    Looks like you talking about positive pressure to me.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

OMG +1

lundholm08, do both the Gauge and AP read it PSI?

When not boosting both meters should display a Vacuum. Or negative PSI.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12