How To Remove Side Air Vent Bezel

This is a discussion on How To Remove Side Air Vent Bezel within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I have read all about how to install the vent gauge pod and is hell of a job. but I ...

How To Remove Side Air Vent Bezel

I have read all about how to install the vent gauge pod and is hell of a job.
    but I really only wanted to remove the air vent bezels and paint them. Can I just ply them off or do i have to take off everything to get to them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unhappy

Bump!!!

Come on guys, someone has to know how to take that piece off

carbon fiber trim kit "side vent" installation instructions

better late than never......see text below and attached image....this is from the subaru carbon fiber trim kit installation instructions...side vent remove/install......key thing...note location of "tabs" and placement of screwdriver......best of luck!

SIDE DUCT
    REMOVE AND INSTALL SIDE DUCT

CAUTION:

Removal and installation procedures outlined below relate to the passenger's side. To remove and install the side ventilation panel on the driver's side, use the same procedures.
    Be careful not to scratch the instrument panel and adjacent parts during removal installation procedures.

Remove :
    1. Remove the side vent trim using a flat-head screwdriver covered by a cloth. Place screwdriver with cloth between the side vent trim and instrument panel at location "1" and pry gently outward and then pry gently at location "2" as shown.

Install:
    1. Push in the new ventilation panel while verifying the direction and position. Be sure to properly orientate the retaining tabs. After installation, make sure the ventilator operates properly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails svent1.bmp  
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

Talking

oh man, finally. I nearly forgot about this post. Mark thanks for the info.

Now, I just have to pick my color and I can change my interior.

Johnny