how to take off door panel?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on how to take off door panel? within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; can someoen tell me how to take off the door panels. i have a rattle coming from my rear passenger ...

how to take off door panel?

can someoen tell me how to take off the door panels. i have a rattle coming from my rear passenger door
    free food is the best food

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump... good question... and nice milk duds...
    Insert clever remarks here.

which door pannel is it b/c if its the back doors me and my friend undid the back ones to figure out the wiring for the speakers. Its actually really easy.
    1. in the door coin holder, near the buttons for the window, theirs are two little flips, open them take out the screws, the coin thing should just come right out, the door handle just leave it like it is for now
    2. pop out the buttons holding on the door panel, the top one is done by first unscrewing it, then when it doesnt screw out any more just pull it out. Everything ells is just snap off.

3. This part messed up my door real bad b/c i didnt know how to do it and i got it scratched but, learn from my mistake right? so you have the door handel, the inside their is a border that surrounds it, the border snaps on and is a pain to get off, brut force it required but to much is not reconmended. Once you poped off the border from the handel makesure you get somthing to hold the handel in place or ells you'll have to fit this fricking metal coat hanger lookin jammi's back into place (not fun) the door should be loose at the bottom and the top should be kinda secure, lift the door up and once it comes up, just take it off and the body of the rex is reveiled, email me if anything goes wrong such as the door lock, its not to complicated to fix but it saves time if someone tells you what to do.
    good luck

clarify

Can anyone explain how to remove the door pannels in english? That reply is very confusing.
    WR Blue,STi short throw
    BBS RK 10 spokes,Pirelli p7000ss
    ichibahn shift knob,Llumar platinum tint,3/16 vaccum mod,removed intake silencer,borla cat back with stromung cat pipe,nice and loud, painted wing extensions,Morettes w/hid's,STi hood scoop,STi grille,side sills painted

sirously its not that hard if i can figure it out so can you im 16 and a high school student of course my replys gonna be confusing

i think your reply is confusing becasue it has NO punctuation, logical progression or phrase breaks.

it's got nothing to do with your age. it's your typing.

here's my translation of n00b's post.

BACK DOOR REMOVAL
    remove the screw caps and screes from the door handle (not the latch/lever, the actual handle)

2. pop out the buttons holding on the door panel, the top one is done by first unscrewing it, then when it doesnt screw out any more just pull it out. Everything else is just snap off.

NOTE
    on the inside of the door handle, there is border that surrounds itit's snap on based, but is a pain to get off, you'll need to pry it off, but too much force and you'll break it. Once you get ithe border separated from the handle get something to hold the handel in place or else the metal rod will fall through and it's difficult to put it back to gether. the door will now be loose at the bottom and the top should be kinda secure, lift the door up and once it comes up, just take it off

<pant> that's the best i can do.

dR

wow this is a really old thread

and newbie967, would u like a cookie?

no thanx and yes my typeing does sux

I went to subaruparts.com and looked up 2002 impreza and one of the sections - i think audio, there was the upgrade speaker options, that you can buy. Anyways, there as a link for the installation.

I believe in involved removing door panels.

I hope this helps.

thuynh2

not that difficult

just undo the screws in the recessed area in the armrest, in the door handle, and under the recessed area in the armrest.

take those pieces out

then just carefully start pulling the door panel off at the bottom and side edges

good luck

wow people are still responding to my 4 month old thread.

i love this place

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.