Autometer Boost Gauge Install? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Autometer Boost Gauge Install? within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally posted by keoni004 How are the installation instructions different for the '05? Mostly concerned about possible radio harness differences? ...

Originally posted by keoni004
    How are the installation instructions different for the '05? Mostly concerned about possible radio harness differences? Thanks, I may end up just going the OEM route.
    Can't imagine there would be any difference.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by keoni004
    How are the installation instructions different for the '05? Mostly concerned about possible radio harness differences? Thanks, I may end up just going the OEM route.
    what is the oem route for a non-sti?
    There is another place that you can get the power for the gauge light. Check out the how-to at wrxus.com. They talk about it there.

I just got my 05 wagon and Im installing daddys boost gauge kit tomorrow after my 1000 mile oil change.

Originally posted by WRX05
    what is the oem route for a non-sti?
    There is another place that you can get the power for the gauge light. Check out the how-to at wrxus.com. They talk about it there.

I just got my 05 wagon and Im installing daddys boost gauge kit tomorrow after my 1000 mile oil change.
    Same thing. OEM boost gauge. Easiest place to tap for power is the clock. it just pops up. the wires are all labeled, too.

PS wait on the oil change. especially if you're going synthetic. ive heard its a good idea to wait atleast 3, maybe even 5k miles before your first oil change to give your seals a chance to break in.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

I have a Unichip and a bleeder style TurboXS ABC on my car. I'm wondering where the best location is to hook up the boost gauge. Can I hook it up just in front of the boost controller connection or will I not get an accurate reading there?

Suggestions? Thanks!
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

You can tee off the vacuum nipple that's in the front of the manifold, or the one in the rear of the mani that goes to your bov. Either one works.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappydoo
    You can tee off the vacuum nipple that's in the front of the manifold, or the one in the rear of the mani that goes to your bov. Either one works.
    Are you talking about the connection right off the stock blow off/recirculator valve?
    -Jim

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

yup

Quote Originally Posted by scrappydoo
    yup
    Thanks. I'll have to take a look at it later.
    -Jim

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

If you have the Pony Express CEL Elim for the downpipe cat, will this interfere if I tap the 02 sensor for my A/F gauge? And why can't you use the front O2 sensor?
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

I installed my autometer and tapped the clock for power but the light would stay on even after the car was off with key out of ignition did i do something wrong? I ended up taking the light out so now at night I cant see the gauge but it was draining my battery so what do you guys think ? I want the light to only turn on when the cars on or lights..
    07 S2000..vortech..kw..comptech..volk

previous
    05 Evo traded
    05 S2000 rip
    05 STi traded

Quote Originally Posted by wrxpaul
    I installed my autometer and tapped the clock for power but the light would stay on even after the car was off with key out of ignition did i do something wrong? I ended up taking the light out so now at night I cant see the gauge but it was draining my battery so what do you guys think ? I want the light to only turn on when the cars on or lights..
    You tapped the wrong wire. Try another.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

What color wire is it? I think the one I tapped was blue/red I cant remember but will any wire work? cus i used one of those things that if theres power it'll light up and when i touched that wire it lit up..

previous
    05 Evo traded
    05 S2000 rip
    05 STi traded

I really think when I did mine the wires were labeled... I don't know if I'm just remembering wrong but I had no problem doing mine. I've since then relocated it to the pillar, but when I get a chance I'll pop off the clock and let you know. I'll try to do it tomorrow but right now I'm studying for finals.

Steve
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Can someone help me out with this what wire can i tap into to get power for my boost gauge light I already have a ground i just need power..helpppppppp

previous
    05 Evo traded
    05 S2000 rip
    05 STi traded

Just tap it into a fuse that goes on when your lights do. I used my clock but you can use the headlights, or if you want it on all the time wrap it around the cig lighter fuse.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.