autometer boost gauge light install??

This is a discussion on autometer boost gauge light install?? within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I just got a autometer boost gauge its all hooked up except the lighting on it. I was wondering if ...

Question autometer boost gauge light install??

I just got a autometer boost gauge its all hooked up except the lighting on it. I was wondering if anyone who has put this gauge on could tell me how to hook up the black and white wire to the power? I would appriciate it someone helped me out. Thanks
    "They came they saw they lost"

02 Plat WRX:
    AutoMeter Boost Guage
    HKS SSQ bov
    Joe P MBC
    Blitz SUS Intake
    TurboXS Unichip on the way....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I will go take a look at where I tapped mine. I used the dimmer line for the rest of the lights so when I dim the dash it dims the meter, and they are a good match. They use a 12 volt line and a variable 12 volt line. When voltage is missing on the variable line you get 12 volts for full light. When an amount is applied to the variable line, say 3 volts, you have a differnce of 9 volts to run the light with.

I will try and take some pics, hope I didnt confuse you more.

Good luck,
    Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

Thanks alot, I got it working i tapped into the dimmer but when i adjust the brightness, the gauge doesnt change at all. Its not like its a big problem but i was just wondering if you know why its not dimming? I hardly ever adjust the dimmer anyway so im not to concerned. Thanks again.
    "They came they saw they lost"

02 Plat WRX:
    AutoMeter Boost Guage
    HKS SSQ bov
    Joe P MBC
    Blitz SUS Intake
    TurboXS Unichip on the way....