gauge pack install help!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on gauge pack install help!!!!! within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I am having a problem removing the clock from the dash. i can pull the end of the clock closest ...

Unhappy gauge pack install help!!!!!

I am having a problem removing the clock from the dash. i can pull the end of the clock closest to the front out, but the side facing the interior will not pop out. i am afraid that if i pull to hard i may break the clips. does anyone have any ideas.

also if anyone has any information an making this install easier please let me know it is the subaru aftermarket pack...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Judging by the stretch marks in the vinyl on my dash when I got my car back from the dealer gauge pack install, it take A LOT of force to get that clock out. The only thing I would recommend is trying to figure out which way the plastic bends best. In other words, is it better to do both sides at once or one at a time.

Good Luck and this should have been in tutorial because it has nothing at all to do with performance. I'll move it after your next reply.

-Jim

If you could see where the clips are, maybe you could adjust your technique accordingly. Toward that end, here's a pic of the underside of the stock clock pod. You can see two clips on the front and back, and a white clip on each side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1010040.jpg  
    Last edited by Rocky WRX; 02-04-2002 at 08:55 AM.

the white clips comeout with no problem at all. it is the other ones in the front that feel like they are going to break off. i guess i will just have to pull and pray....thank you for your picture

Thanks for the picture, but please help, I am not getting it off! I tried to bend the midle part up and then pull on the back (close to windshield), but it did not move. Is there an easy way to get access from below the dash, e.g. from the glovebox, to unlatch the clamps?

i just said screw it and pulled straight up and it poped right out...

Has anyone successfully installed the gauge pack after getting the clock out? I got mine out, but now I don't know where to go from here. I can't find the page (if there is one) in the Subaru tech manual that shows how to install it.

Anyone know what to do? Help!
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

tan
    yes....

Though I made some nify connectors to plug into the existing clock harness. The clock tells you what terminal is for what

What do you mean the clock tells you?

I have one plug with 4 wires (I'm assuming, switched power, constant power, negative and the lead for the oil temp...or another negative?)

The gauge came out of another car so I may be missint some parts too which isn't helping me. I'll have to test the leads and see if any make sense to me.
    -Jim

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

tan
    The panel itself or the clock, where it plugs into the connector tells you what each terminal is for. You have to look carefully.

At the clock connector: (according to the manual)
    1: Blue with Red stripe= +12V
    4: Yellow with Green stripe= accessory
    3: Violet= illumination
    2: Black= ground

You need to double check on the clock itself
    Last edited by tan; 10-11-2004 at 12:35 PM.

Excellent, I'll double check though.

So to wire up the volt meter I can use the 12v line to get my reading there?

And to tap into the oil temp, I'll have to run a line down to the drain plug (and get the proper plug too) or is there a wire ran down to that area already?
    -Jim

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

tan
    Voltmeter...you can wire it to a +12V source, or the battery itself.

Oil temp....if you have the sensor and the oil drain adapter....., but you still have to run the line back to the gauge

Cool, thanks! I 'picked up' an instruction manual yesterday. So I should be all set. I may go buy the connector to make my life a little easier though.
    -Jim

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

any pics of the finished product?
    oh sick did you fart!!?? lol no! its that honduh behind us!

Quote Originally Posted by tan View Post
    The panel itself or the clock, where it plugs into the connector tells you what each terminal is for. You have to look carefully.

At the clock connector: (according to the manual)
    1: Blue with Red stripe= +12V
    4: Yellow with Green stripe= accessory
    3: Violet= illumination
    2: Black= ground

You need to double check on the clock itself
    So is the +12 constant power, and the accessory switched power?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast