whats up w/ the antenna
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on whats up w/ the antenna within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; what is up with the antenna. anyone have any idea what can be done to improve the looks of the ...

whats up w/ the antenna

what is up with the antenna. anyone have any idea what can be done to improve the looks of the antenna. i have been looking for a euro looking soft rubber antenna to replace it. has anyone done this....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i would like to know this as well. i dont really like antennas espeically if theyre not automatic. but i guess making it manual is to help the weight loss? lol

the legacy's have the antenna on the rear window. its a little square that looksl ike the heater lines
    free food is the best food

Cal Poly during school NOR-CAL when Im free
    actually i prefer not to have an automatic antenna:
    first because i dont use the radio we got a 6 in dash cd changer you never need the radio. second like mario said less weight. third you have to wait for the antenna to come up everytime to listen to the radio and the cd/tape deck. fourth they brake easily and when they do they make an annoying sound and your antenna will never work again(unless fixed which costs money).

but i would much more preferr something like the s2000 antena i love that thing.
    PEACE

i still like the radio even w/ the cd player. you have to know the new songs haha

but we shoulda got the antenna the subaru legacy's have
    free food is the best food

Mabey you'll like this one. Its not that bad looking, and you can see it on the black sparco WRX in Turbo Magizine. Anyway here it is at Vivid Racing. http://www.vividracing.com/index.php

LoL I know what you guys are talkin about. When my dad first saw those antennas, this was his exact words, "Is THAT the antenna? Hmmm, it's pretty ugly."

For the price of this car, we should've gotten a power antenna. Normally with a power antenna, it will only go up when you are listening to the radio. It will stay down for the CDs and tapes.
    2002 Rally Blue WRX - Few mods

PWR Antenna=Left Arm out the window.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

the antenna looks like a civic. Yeah i said it!

Originally posted by Jung918
    the antenna looks like a civic. Yeah i said it!

actually civics have rear glass antennas which incidentally is what we should have gotten on the car

they're a little more directional than the pole antennas, but you don't have to worry about them ever breaking or powering them

I actually have no problem with my antena. I never even notice it and usually leave it up all the time. But when I happen to have it down and want to listen to the radio, all i have to do it open my window a little, and stick my hand out there and pull it out as I'm drving down teh road. it's really not that hard to do. Power antana's are one of the number one "little things" that break on cars first. I think it was good judgement on subaru's part.
    Orin's 2002 WRX Features.....
    Injen Cold Air Intake, M2 Up-Pipe, TurboXS Blow Off Valve, M2 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, M2 Up-pipe, Unichip (Tuned by Cobbtuning)
    VF30 Turbo, Walbro Fuel Pump, STI Fuel Injectors, 18" Konig Tantrums, Wings West Pro Wing, etc...

Originally posted by JTREX
    PWR Antenna=Left Arm out the window.
    LOL
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

I have a Civic and I've got a pole antenna. What model r u talking about that has a rear glass one?
    Stupid Newbie

my body shop is shaving mine off along with the trunk keyhole and those black plastic thingys near the rear tires.

does anyone know if the jdm imprezas come with a rear window antenna? in some pics and video clips i've seen it both with and without the pole antenna. if there is a rear window antenna then i think there's several good reasons to get it (rear wiper, no pole antenna, unique jdm part!). my wallet hates me...

Type RA:

STI:

NB
    Last edited by pouncer; 06-12-2002 at 01:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast