ecu harness for installation of S-AFC and turbo timer
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on ecu harness for installation of S-AFC and turbo timer within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I was wondering if anyone has the schematics for our ecu. I have an Apexi S-AFC and an Apexi turbo ...

ecu harness for installation of S-AFC and turbo timer

I was wondering if anyone has the schematics for our ecu. I have an Apexi S-AFC and an Apexi turbo timer (the new one that is basically a stick). I printed out a copy a few months ago but can't remember what I did with it or where I found the diagram/explanation-it was somewhere on the net. I would like to do this asap, so please point me in the right direction. I'll post a tutorial once we're started/finished. Thanks....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    IMPREZD,

try www.ravensblade-impreza.com, then go to modifications section, then to misc, then to bottom of page has 02 model schematics.

Hope this helps.

Big Sky WRX

Excellent site! I found a few things I was looking for... I appreciate the help and direction. Thanks again- Romie

Cal Poly during school NOR-CAL when Im free
    the link doesnt work

i am actually doing the same install right now with the new apex auto timer that looks like a stick but i am running into some problems. if you have already done this install imprezed then can you please tell me if i am doing this right. the gray wire goes to the ebrake, the white wire goes to the o2 line in the ecu, and the black wire is the ground. as for the harness i dont have one so i plan to just cut the female piece off and splice the three wires into the ignition. all the instructions are in japanese and i dont know which wire goes to what. i was looking at the ignition in the car and there are 5 wires and i dont which wires go to the red blue and green on the turbo timer.

or do i have to buy a harness and if so where do i buy one and how much do they cost.

also which ecu diagram are you looking at i dont know the engine code or the chassie code. i have the service manual so i am going off that.

thanks
    Last edited by TerribleOne; 12-25-2001 at 12:36 AM.
    PEACE

alright just got off the phone with apex and they dont make a harness for the 2002 wrx yet. they said they will probably make one next year dont know when next year but sounds like not anytime soon.

imprezd do you already have the harness and if so which one are you using? the hks one? somebody on the board said the hks one is universal but apex wasnt sure.
    PEACE

I don't have a harness yet. I'm looking around.... it's kinda frustrating! A local shop said that they could do both instal's, but I'm kinda wary. I just printed out another copy of an ecu from www.projectwrx.com . I tried the one from ravensblade, but they didn't line up. The ecu's looked totally different . I'm going to keep looking around until I find the info I need. I'd rather do it right one time them wrong three times. I'll look into the HKS harness in the next coupla days and keep you posted on what I find...

p.s. I'm glad you contacted apex! I was going to tomorrow (714-685-5700), but I guess you beat me to the punch. Also, where are you considering mounting your timer? I've dismantled the annoying cup holder aand am planning on having mine there. I think it'll work. The S-AFC is going in the subaru gauge pod with some minor tweeking- hopefully! If you get anywhere, please give me a heads up.

i am going to put it right above the fog light button with some double sided tape. i have a free button that im not using and i am going to take it out and drill a hole for the wire and then route it to the little black box.
    PEACE

If you are going to be doing these type of mods yourself I would recommend buying the Subaru factory wiring manual. It has all of the pinouts for the entire car as well as the wire colors etc. The job is still not easy but at least you will have the right information.

Dale

i have the service manual all volumes except the 2.5rs engine manual and i dont really like this service manual especially their ecu pinouts and diagrams actually all their electrical diagrams are not very helpfull compared to honda service manuals they are much more informative. i cant even find the wiring diagram for the ignition starter so i have no idea what wire is what.
    PEACE

I totally agree with you that the Subaru manuals aren't very good. I am used to Toyota manuals which go into a great deal of useful detail and instruction. Subaru's instructions go something like this: To Remove the engine. Step 1. Remove the engine from the car (see picture). To replace the engine in the car do the above steps in reverse.

I am a little confused though. Why do you need to tap into wires at the ignition switch? I would go to the fuse box and find a circuit that is only on when the ignition is on. I did this when I installed the power wire for my A/F guage. I used the circuit for the backup lights. I didn't even have to tap any wires because I used something called "Add-a-Circuit" (available at PepBoys in the fuse section) which plugs into the fuse plug and allows another fused circuit to be piggybacked onto the original. No cutting of wires so you can remove it in about 30 seconds and no one will ever know it was installed .

Dale

Apexi TT harness

Hi,

I just bought an Apexi TT and I am also looking for a wire harness. Will the HKS harness work?

Thanks.

Diego

HKS harness on Apexi

I too also heard that an HKS harness would work with the Apexi Auto timer. I have yet to install mine, factory alarm problems, but Apexi is pretty slow at making things. Does anyone know more about the HKS Harness and Apexi Autotimer working together. I have an aquintance who supposedly said he did but he's got a rep for BS'ing...

-alex

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.