SIRIUS Satellite radio
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SIRIUS Satellite radio within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Ahhh My first NooB tutorial Install the Sirius for Dummies I have the WRX SW, I started attaching the magnetic ...

SIRIUS Satellite radio

Ahhh My first NooB tutorial

Install the Sirius for Dummies

I have the WRX SW, I started attaching the magnetic antenna in the back, on the roof, run the wire bethween the roof and the trunk door fixing it with wide transparent tape, going right, around the right side angle of the trunk door and under the rubber seal all the way inside the trunk, out of the rubber and under the right side plastic cover in the trunk and under the right side of the back seat, follow up UNDER the rear right seat belt and back under the door sill plastic cover, folllow the passenger door sill and under the glove box.
    "emerge" near the clutch and dive again under the plastic cover around the clutch.

I keep the unit in my coffee holder when in use, right after the clutch and it's a perfect spot to change channel without looking. inside the armrest when not in use.
    I had it on the lower part of the windshield in my Audi, with the suction cup but it's annoying when you drive, the display is very bright. In the coffe holder you turn the display the other way and you're good to go. The unit fits perfectly in there and it's heavy enough to stay still when you drive on road.

Shorten the wire of the cig lighter plug and run the wire under the driver's side clutch plastic element, up to the unit after the handbrake.
    the visibility of the wires is really minimal, apart the lighter plug, the receiver works great with all the antenna extended. Perfect signal.

I will probably at one point modify the plug so that I can close the ash tray / lighter door and make the AC wire disappear under the plastic like the antenna. Other than that is perfect.
    Total time... 40 min?
    Tools needed: a large flat screwdriver, or better, a plastic flat tool to push the wire under the rubber seal.
    But it's pretty doable even with your fingers.

BB out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User impreza_rs_2004's Avatar

nice

nice job would like to see how you installed

Take some pics please

sure, will do

Registered User impreza_rs_2004's Avatar

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlurr View Post
    sure, will do
    Nice can't wait to see

I made my own...

I made my own bracket out of aluminum, painted it with a gray, textured paint that looked good with the dash and riveted it into the plastic storage space below the radio. Perfect positioning and although it looks like it covers buttons, it doesn't stop me from pushing anything when I'm in the driver seat! Check out the picture of my cabin. MySpace

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.