Annoying Seat Belt Chime Fix
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Annoying Seat Belt Chime Fix within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Got this great tip off Stargazer's STI blog...it works One of the "features" on the 2006 Imprezas is that if ...

Annoying Seat Belt Chime Fix

Got this great tip off Stargazer's STI blog...it works

One of the "features" on the 2006 Imprezas is that if you don't buckle your seatbelt within 30 seconds, it turns on an incessant beep. Now, I never drive without my seatbelt on. I feel naked without it. But there are the occasional times where I'll be in my garage or parked somewhere working in/on the car and that beep is very annoying. The owner's manual does explain how to temporarily disable it, but it reverts back to normal the next time you start the car. Here's how to disable it more permanently:

1. Turn the ignition to ON. The engine should be off.
    2. Within 30 seconds, insert the buckle in and out 20 times. You can hold the release button down if you like. Just make sure to remove the buckle all the way so that it "registers" in and out.
    3. The next time you start the engine, you'll get the initial seatbelt chime, but it won't give you the continual warnings afterwards. You should notice right away that after the initial seatbelt chime, the seatbelt light will turn off and no longer flash.

I had to try it a couple of times until I got it right, but it works. To reset it back to normal, just disconnect the negative connector on the battery for 30 seconds and reattach.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sweet, thanks for the info man! Thats one thing that like and don't like about my 06 STI!

Its great because now I always wear my seat belt, but there are times where I'm just sitting in the car playing around with something and it keeps going on and off.... Piss off!!!

Anyways I think I'll go try it right now!!!

Peace

I have no idea why buy I have an 05 wagon and the chime worked for like the first week. Now it does not and I have done nothing to disable it. Kind of weird.

Is it just me, or do the number of beeps increase with every repitition. Glad I can now correct this. I had to have a owners manual ordered cause the dealer ran out. Been stuck trying to figure it out. Got it now.
    still stock

I Support ClubWRX
    FYI...this works for all Subaru models that have the seatbelt chime. Also, if you ever reset the ECU or disconnect the battery, the chime will reappear and you'll need to do this fix again to eliminate it.
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 04-03-2007 at 06:08 AM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I thought this trick was just an urban legend for some reason.
    I just used your instructions and it worked great.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Angry Make it stop!! AAHH!

I can only get it to temporarily stop. No beep but light is on....blinks w/no sound. When I shut off/restart it's back doing this to me while beeping(more like laughing). Let me see if I'm doing it right. Turn key to ON, not acc. Quickly insert latch and remove atleast 20 times(I'm just pushing the release button)..... Now, do I leave belt latched or unlatched? And finally, do I start the car immediately or return key to off position. This is crazy man. LOL. I must figure this out.
    still stock

Yeah, I made it stop..I made it stop...Yeah
    still stock

Going to have to try this today hahah

I honestly never thought this was going to work but I tried it anyways and.. well, worked like a charm
    thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by neverendingmods View Post
    I can only get it to temporarily stop. No beep but light is on....blinks w/no sound. When I shut off/restart it's back doing this to me while beeping(more like laughing). Let me see if I'm doing it right. Turn key to ON, not acc. Quickly insert latch and remove atleast 20 times(I'm just pushing the release button)..... Now, do I leave belt latched or unlatched? And finally, do I start the car immediately or return key to off position. This is crazy man. LOL. I must figure this out.

I have the same problem, I am doing this the exact same way, and as soon as i restart my car, the beeping is back.
    What are you guys doing differently?

thanks
    2006 Black STi

i dont think i read it correctly but can't you just put the seatbelt in? and no more sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay711 View Post
    I have the same problem, I am doing this the exact same way, and as soon as i restart my car, the beeping is back.
    What are you guys doing differently?

thanks
    It took me 5 times, but I got it. I think this is what I did that last time.

turn car to on.
    plug in seat belt, in and out 20 times (I might have done one extra to be sure)
    then with seat belt still plugged in, turn off car.

then undo seat belt.

after that it worked.

hmm interesting i left the seatbelt unbuckled and then restarted the car and it worked oh well i guess every car has a different variation

I did it successfully on my 2nd attempt. Turn car to Ignition on, but don't turn the car on...Leave the button pressed in, but just insert, pull out, insert, pull out 20+ times (couple extra don't hurt) within the 30 second period...leave unbuckled and immediately turn the Ignition off.

Turn it back on, start the car...and the chime goes off initially, but is done after that! Even the little light goes away...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast