Annoying Seat Belt Chime Fix - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Annoying Seat Belt Chime Fix within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; This should be the first "mod" that anybody does... That stupid chime was driving me nuts!...

This should be the first "mod" that anybody does... That stupid chime was driving me nuts!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow, that seemed too easy.....
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #61
    Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I measure my HP with my butt dyno with a 120mph frumaroll. I then put on my flashers to signal completion of my butt dyno test.
    07 wrx wrb stage .63

Excelent fix. That noise has been bugging me since i bought the car. I allways wear my belt, but there are times when ill be sitting with the ebrake on loading CDs or something, and that noise would be like knives in my ears. Thanks for the advise.

Quote Originally Posted by craigcald View Post
    Excelent fix. That noise has been bugging me since i bought the car. I allways wear my belt, but there are times when ill be sitting with the ebrake on loading CDs or something, and that noise would be like knives in my ears. Thanks for the advise.
    i am going to do that when i get home from work!!

lol i was sitting in my car next to my school and the beep kept going and going so im thinking, fourmssss. found it forst try and it worked, some kid saw me jabbing it in and out and i told him what, well hes got the same damn car and just did it LOL first time too. THAT CHIME PISSED ME OFF SINCE DAY 1!

Thanks a lot!

I have an 08 WRX and this didn't work. But from what I'm reading in previous posts it looks like the earlier models alarm worked differently. My seatbelt alarm only sounds when the cars in gear and goes over a certain MPH (I think its btw 5-7 mph). This is a really good safety feature but it can get very annoying. Let me know if anyone finds any solutions.

I was wrong it did work!! when i got back in my car to go out i realized it.

Key turned to ON
    Seatbelt in and out 20 times
    Turn the car to OFF
    Restart
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

Seat Belt Chime of Death!

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site just registered cause I really wanted to fill you in on what worked for me. This is probably the easiest method I've found, and for those of you like me who are having problems with the 20 times in 30 seconds method check this out.

1. Look under your drivers seat. (For me this was easiest from the rear seat).

2. You should see a set of about four wiring plugs under there. (this is on the 07 impreza model, not sure on others but you should have something very similar).

3. If 07* simply find the white plug

...(its the third one in if your looking from the back. In my car 3 of four are yellow plugs and have yellow tape covering the wires leading out of the plugs. The white one leading out is black. )

4. unplug the wiring plug.

5. Turn on the car.

6. Watch as only the light blinks a few times and then disappears!! No sound!

*(---if you don't have the 07 model, well just do what i did. trace the cable coming out of the base of your seat belt buckle connector and figure out where it leads. On mine underneath the seat it split into two cables, i actually tried unplugging the other one first and didn't work so tried the other one and it was the correct plug.---- )

wow this seems too easy ill have to try it - I always wear my seat belt and will never not wear it. Just for auto X where I push my car - I like to have the power steering and brakes so I have it in on - listen to music.

This will be a great relief.

Does any1 know if you can get the driver door open thingy to turn off to? The alarm when the key is in and the door is open- Im pretty sure I can tell when my door is open
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRC View Post
    wow this seems too easy ill have to try it - I always wear my seat belt and will never not wear it. Just for auto X where I push my car - I like to have the power steering and brakes so I have it in on - listen to music.

This will be a great relief.

Does any1 know if you can get the driver door open thingy to turn off to? The alarm when the key is in and the door is open- Im pretty sure I can tell when my door is open
    You could tape over the little spring return push button in the door well that activates the chime, but then your interior lights won't come on at night when you open the door.

This one will probably be a bit tougher to trace out.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SubisportWG07 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new to the site just registered cause I really wanted to fill you in on what worked for me. This is probably the easiest method I've found, and for those of you like me who are having problems with the 20 times in 30 seconds method check this out.

1. Look under your drivers seat. (For me this was easiest from the rear seat).

2. You should see a set of about four wiring plugs under there. (this is on the 07 impreza model, not sure on others but you should have something very similar).

3. If 07* simply find the white plug

...(its the third one in if your looking from the back. In my car 3 of four are yellow plugs and have yellow tape covering the wires leading out of the plugs. The white one leading out is black. )

4. unplug the wiring plug.

5. Turn on the car.

6. Watch as only the light blinks a few times and then disappears!! No sound!

*(---if you don't have the 07 model, well just do what i did. trace the cable coming out of the base of your seat belt buckle connector and figure out where it leads. On mine underneath the seat it split into two cables, i actually tried unplugging the other one first and didn't work so tried the other one and it was the correct plug.---- )
    can you plug it back in easily or do you rip it out?

also for the 20 clicks thing mine just does its annoying beeping thing for like the first complete warning sequence - I believe 6 beeps and then it doesn't do it continuously - this is what is supposed to happen right?
    is this what happens to you guys

also I just did the 20 clicks and actually if it is in the ON position you don't hear the door open chime and you don't hear the seatbelt chime b/c it was disengaged so people who had my same question the 20 clicks is a good easy solution
    Last edited by SubaruWRC; 12-17-2007 at 01:01 PM.
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

well that was alot easier and less permanent then cutting the wire in my 05 spec-v.

SRS effected?

I was just wondering if this has any effect on the functionality of the SRS system?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpool View Post
    I was just wondering if this has any effect on the functionality of the SRS system?
    I doubt it...different sensors. Besides, have you ever heard of an airbag not deploying because someone wasn't wearing a seatbelt? Same principle.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

annoying chime

am going to try this again, i seriously hate this chime so much i thought of selling my wrx just because of it!!

i can't stand it, but hopefully this trick works. if not i will find this speaker and break it hehe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.