Subaru WRX Forum banner

temp and fuel gauge not working HELP!

8K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  jimmy6100 
#1 ·
I just bought an 06 sti and the temp and fuel gauge don't work. The guy who had it before me put a 255lph pump in it to try and fix the fuel gauge and it didn't help. When you start it it doesn't do the sweep like the other gauges do. He said they quit working at the same time but never really bothered him because the low fuel light still pops on and he used the access port for the temp gauge. Does anyone have any idea what it would be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

#2 ·
shoot for power. Can you read schematics? I'll lend you an alldata login so you can find it. I have the schematic up now. The best thing i can see is a fuse. I doubt the fuel senders would be bad. So you'll have to look for an open somewhere in the circuit.

#3 ·
looks like the temperature gauge is run on the same fuse. fuse 13 in the fuse box. again the only other major part in the schematic other then connectors and grounds is the thermometer. which doesnt have anything to do with fuel level

#5 ·
ya theres a chance it could be the fuse. fuse 13 is in both the fuel gauge schematic and the temp gauge schematic. that would be the first place id start. easiest too. after that youd have to start tracing wires

#9 ·
I checked the power wires and ground and all that and I still can't figure out what's going on with it. The dccd part in the middle between the two gauges doesn't seem to be working either. The gauges light up but the needles dont move. II'm going to pull the cluster and check behind it and see if there's anything wrong back there. Do you think it could be the actual gauges that are bad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.