temp and fuel gauge not working HELP!

This is a discussion on temp and fuel gauge not working HELP! within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I just bought an 06 sti and the temp and fuel gauge don't work. The guy who had it before ...

temp and fuel gauge not working HELP!

I just bought an 06 sti and the temp and fuel gauge don't work. The guy who had it before me put a 255lph pump in it to try and fix the fuel gauge and it didn't help. When you start it it doesn't do the sweep like the other gauges do. He said they quit working at the same time but never really bothered him because the low fuel light still pops on and he used the access port for the temp gauge. Does anyone have any idea what it would be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

shoot for power. Can you read schematics? I'll lend you an alldata login so you can find it. I have the schematic up now. The best thing i can see is a fuse. I doubt the fuel senders would be bad. So you'll have to look for an open somewhere in the circuit.

looks like the temperature gauge is run on the same fuse. fuse 13 in the fuse box. again the only other major part in the schematic other then connectors and grounds is the thermometer. which doesnt have anything to do with fuel level

So you think it would be the fuse. I'm out of town now but I'll be back Friday and I can check. Do you think it could be something in the wiring somewhere. The reason I ask is because the guy I bought it from told me he checked the fuses but who knows

ya theres a chance it could be the fuse. fuse 13 is in both the fuel gauge schematic and the temp gauge schematic. that would be the first place id start. easiest too. after that youd have to start tracing wires

and look for the red/white wire. that wire carries both signals for the fuel gauge and temp gauge. might be a bad connector somewhere.

Yea I'll look at that Friday then. Thanks a lot to buddy

not a problem man. wish there was a way to give you a hand. would make it a lot easier then having to figure it out on your own

I checked the power wires and ground and all that and I still can't figure out what's going on with it. The dccd part in the middle between the two gauges doesn't seem to be working either. The gauges light up but the needles dont move. II'm going to pull the cluster and check behind it and see if there's anything wrong back there. Do you think it could be the actual gauges that are bad

ya theres a chance the regulators went in them.

its weird because the dccd wont change and the gauges dont work but the whole part lights up and everything and the outside temp works fine to