where is the seatbelt chirping coming from??

This is a discussion on where is the seatbelt chirping coming from?? within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Does anybody know if there's a small speaker or something behind the dash?? I installed new seats so all sensors ...

where is the seatbelt chirping coming from??

Does anybody know if there's a small speaker or something behind the dash?? I installed new seats so all sensors are gone.... the old 20 times in & out trick DOESNT work. It cant,..
    I have no wires connected to the seats or seatbelt harness anymore.

Anybody have a clue how to disable it??

I got it to stop by pulling out the fuse BUT that same fuse also disabled power door locks & all gauge illumination. That sucks.

Help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what do mean the old trick doesn't work?? Did you have the ignition to on and do the trick, then off and then start the car.
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

Quote Originally Posted by dolson1120 View Post
    what do mean the old trick doesn't work?? Did you have the ignition to on and do the trick, then off and then start the car.
    He means the connection from the seat belt latch isn't there any more so the 20 clicks don't go to the computer.

If ya still have the seats you could plug them back in, disable the seat belt chime and then back to the new seats again. I would assume its the same 'speaker' for the rest of the in-car indicating so if you remove it you'll be giving up any other audible indications.

Quoting Brew04---"He means the connection from the seat belt latch isn't there any more so the 20 clicks don't go to the computer."

Correct!! Now if I can only FIND that little beeping "speaker"... I tracked it down by ear to somewhere under the dash but above the clutch; where your left shin would be.
    Im removing the lower half of the dash tomorrow... I will find it & kill it.