Navigation Questions!?!

This is a discussion on Navigation Questions!?! within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hi Guys or Gals , I just bought a 2009 WRX Premium and had a question about the navigation system. ...

Navigation Questions!?!

Hi Guys or Gals ,

I just bought a 2009 WRX Premium and had a question about the navigation system. I would like to disable the Video mode so my passengers can watch videos while the car is moving. I would also like the ability to call out when the car is moving, but right now the car has to be at a complete stop to watch vids or call someone through the navigation system.

Does anyone know who too tweak this so i can disable this function? Any Help would be great!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

08 STI Nav/DVD lockout bypass? - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums

I just got a 09 WRX with NAV but I already been whoring around the forums for cool ideas to modify

Quote Originally Posted by jkr801 View Post
    08 STI Nav/DVD lockout bypass? - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums

I just got a 09 WRX with NAV but I already been whoring around the forums for cool ideas to modify
    Thanks for the info!! I find it easier to just lift the ebrake a tad and then everything works...But I'm a girl so all that crazy wire switching is alien talk to me

Waiting on a buddy to do if for me...

Quote Originally Posted by klukasl View Post
    Hi Guys or Gals ,

I just bought a 2009 WRX Premium and had a question about the navigation system. I would like to disable the Video mode so my passengers can watch videos while the car is moving. I would also like the ability to call out when the car is moving, but right now the car has to be at a complete stop to watch vids or call someone through the navigation system.

Does anyone know who too tweak this so i can disable this function? Any Help would be great!!

Yeah, just start drifting, and your passengers will be free to watch whatever movie they want.
    Michigan Subaru Owners: http://www.misubie.com

Never live in the past, but allways learn from it.

all you have to do is take the bypass wire and ground it to the body, so it thinks that the car had the ebrake up all the time, the hard part is finding out which wire is the bypass. and driving with your ebrake up even just one click is a bad idea