Scroth Rallye3 harness install for 08/09 Impreza

This is a discussion on Scroth Rallye3 harness install for 08/09 Impreza within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Be sure to follow all of Schroth's instructions/warnings. The Rallye3 comes in two pieces- a rear "tail" and the front ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Scroth Rallye3 harness install for 08/09 Impreza

Be sure to follow all of Schroth's instructions/warnings.

The Rallye3 comes in two pieces- a rear "tail" and the front harness portion

we'll start w/ the tail piece first

the trim piece that surrounds the rear pillar where the upper seat belt receptacle needs to be removed

first remove the two phillip's screws that are visible

there is one remaining phillips screw it resides under a little tab in the front of the trim piece- this tab is in there tight- use a very fine tipped screw driver to pop it out- be careful as it would be easy to scratch the trim piece if not careful

the last screw revealed

there are two plastic fasteners at the top of the window- remove these (that fine head screw driver might come in handy again)

then carefully pop of the trim piece there are a few plastic pop fasteners holding it on

here is where the "tail" piece gets mounted- you can't get a socket on it (at least I couldn't)- it's 16mm- underneath a bolt head needs to be held (it's 14mm)- quarters are a little tight, but w/ a little work the nut/lock washer will come off.

there is a little trim piece surrounding the seat belt- it pops off easily to make room for the tail piece- mount the tail piece on top and snug the nut firmly

make sure the tail piece is orientated correctly (right side up) before bolting it up and putting the trim piece back on

insure the oe belt pulls out and retracts smoothly

for the front piece we'll be working at the rear of the seat, go ahead and push the seat forward

here's where we mount the right hand portion of the harness (the plastic cover snaps right off)- the bolt is 14mm- remove it

install the mount (again be sure the harness is orientated correctly and not twisted)

now to the left side- here's where we going w/ it

it's also 14mm- remove that bolt

this bolt has two spacer w/ a captive washer, it might not be necessary but I removed the washer and trimmed one of the spacers by 2mm (the width of the Schroth mount)- this was kind of a pita and may not be necessary but I wanted to insure there was enough thread engagement

all buttoned up- again insure everything is orientated correctly first- I had the oe belt twisted the first time, then discovered (after re-installing of course) that the left side harness was twisted as well!!!

congratulations it's not mounted you'll need to adjust the tail piece to your liking

front shot

the harness can be easily slid over the top of the seat and stored underneath the seat out of the way- not as handy as their Quick Fit- but they don't make a Quick Fit for 06+ Imprezas and have no plans to
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Could you post a pic of the completed attachment in the rear. Like in the first pic but a little wider view, maybe including the back of the front seat?

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll try and snap a pic soon

I Support ClubWRX
    is this what you had in mind?

Perfect, that's what I was looking for. Thanks

great step by step +1
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

Hey Big Sky. What's your opinion on the Rallye4's? Would they be as easy as an install for my 08 like your Rallye3's? Other than the other mounting point of course. Would these be a direct bolt on? Or would I have to buy extra parts? Thanks in advance for your input! :-)

DUB
    er...so the "tail" part is always suspended in the air through the back seat area like that? Can't be too nice for someone who has to sit back there?

I Support ClubWRX
    the rallye3 is the only approved harness for the 08/09 from Schroth- the extra mounting point in the rear really nets nothing and would make that portion of the belt harder to get out of the way when not in use

the tail flops over the rear of the rear seat ( I even have a little velcro holder for it ) not in the way at all- just got back from a 2000 mile trip w/ four adults- the Schroth belt(s) weren't even noticed

DUB
    Oh, I see. It disconnects from the "Y" section (second to last picture) and stores out of the way behind the rear seat. Cool.

I Support ClubWRX
    exactly- the front portion goes over the top of the seat and stores under the rear of the driver's seat, the "tail" flips over the back of the rear seat

Hey Big Sky. How would the Rallye 4's even mount in an 08? I know the lap belt portion would be the same as the Rallye 3's. But would the rear section just extend to the back seat and one side of the harness tail attach to the lower mounting point for the rear passenger shoulder belt near the seat cushion and the other side to the mounting point of the matching rear shoulder belt receptical in the rear seat? Just curious cause I want blue and Rallye 3's only come in black. Which just WON'T do! Haha.

I Support ClubWRX
    not exactly how they would do it- they don't recommend the rallye4 for the new WRX for some reason

it seems to me someone on iwsti may have put in a rallye 4, might want to do a little searching over there

they do have some generic instructions on line for both the 3 and 4 which might shed some light???

If I bought a harness bar would the rallye 4's be ok? Cause that's what I'm planning.

I Support ClubWRX
    with a harness bar you should be golden- make sure you have the correct hardware for attaching it to the harness bar- also make sure you attach as they state (there is a very important protocol to follow on the weaving of the harness)

send them an email just to be sure- I've found them very responsive