MOMO shift knob uninstall???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on MOMO shift knob uninstall??? within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Well i bought a prodrivfe shift knob and went to put it on and cant figure out for the life ...

MOMO shift knob uninstall???

Well i bought a prodrivfe shift knob and went to put it on and cant figure out for the life of me how to take off the momo shift knob. I have a kartboy short shifter that was on the car before i bought it so idk what they did to get it on but it should just screw off if im correct. Any ideas how to get it off. No set screws either...?
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know this is an old post so i figured id ask...did you manage to get it off or is it still on? I just installed a momo shift knob, so i know how theyre installed...let me know!

haha yea i got itof with the help of a hacksaw. Where the black and the aluminum come together the self threading broke apart so it would just spin but i think if i would of took the 2 screws out from the top it would of bin alot easier. But i got it off and the new knob on so mission accomplished in my book lol
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo47193 View Post
    haha yea i got itof with the help of a hacksaw. Where the black and the aluminum come together the self threading broke apart so it would just spin but i think if i would of took the 2 screws out from the top it would of bin alot easier. But i got it off and the new knob on so mission accomplished in my book lol
    I was doing a video of hyper-miling my WRX (cuz I'm a nerd) and halfway through the video the camera pans down.... the shift knob was just spinning on the threading and I had gone at it with a saw earlier.... It took a week and for me to be all sweaty but it just started coming right off.

Love the new one. HATED the old one.
    When in doubt, frag out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.