Need help cleaning STI seats - Removing Duct tape Glue
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need help cleaning STI seats - Removing Duct tape Glue within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I accidentally put something on my seats on my 06 STI (blue Alacantara) that had some sticky stuff on it ...

Need help cleaning STI seats - Removing Duct tape Glue

I accidentally put something on my seats on my 06 STI (blue Alacantara) that had some sticky stuff on it from gray duct tape. The sticky gray material from the duct tape is now stuck on the blue part of my seats! I tried using a little rubbing alcohol with no luck. I need something like "Goo Gone" that won't hurt my seats. A friend of mine said sesame oil might help break down the glue, but I'm afraid of trying it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Goo Gone will probably work just fine. Only use as little at a time.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Goo Gone will probably work just fine. Only use as little at a time.
    Hmm, it says right on the bottle not too use on Suede or Leather, I know the seats aren't suede, but pretty close. The problem is the glue is right in the middle of the seat so if it messes it up, it will be very visible.

Any other ideas?
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

I Support ClubWRX
    I would test Goo Gone on an inconspicuous area of the seat fabric myself.

WD40 can loosen adhesive. Test it on duct tape adhesive first.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

don't use goo gone, or wd40 or any of that ****.. when off from school i work for my dad's carpet cleaning/upholstery business.. get a rag and use soapy water.. if that doesn't work i can send you a little bit of the cleaning solution

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.