how to install stereo??? 06 WRX

This is a discussion on how to install stereo??? 06 WRX within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; hey guys, im new to the site and i just bought an 06 WRX. i was wondering if anyone here ...

Exclamation how to install stereo??? 06 WRX

hey guys, im new to the site and i just bought an 06 WRX. i was wondering if anyone here could help me out; i want to upgrade my stereo to an aftermarket one but im not sure how to get the old one out. (i have everything im going to need to replace it just dont know ow to do it) if anyone could give me a website with the exact walkthrough with some pictures or any detailed step-by-step info on how you did it, i would greatly appreciate it. im usually really good with these kinds of things, its just a different car for me and i dont want to mess this thing up, its way too sexy to have any flaws. any of your help would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there is a tutorial thread here somewhere for the 06, in the exterior and interior mod section of the forum

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Moving this thread to Cockpit and Cabin ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Got it done, looks great, will post pictures later. Thanks guys!!!!

nice. was it pretty easy? What did you use to pry the stock radio out? and do you just pull up on the plastic by the shifter to get it off?

yeah it was pretty easy to do the head unit itself. running the wires for the amp were a b1tch. to pull the shifter trim off, all i did was unscrew the knob and pull straight up kind hard while holding the knob and the trim piece came off like butter. to do the stereo trim, i used a really small flathead wrapped in a layer of electrical tape so it wouldnt scratch the trim. very easy to do. anyone with a little mechanical ability should be able to do this with ease. thanks to you guys for your help.

thanks for the response. The electrical tape is a great idea Im gonna try that when I get my head unit