Check Engine Light HELP!!!

This is a discussion on Check Engine Light HELP!!! within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; so a few months ago my check engine light cam on as well as my cruise was blinking. i went ...

Check Engine Light HELP!!!

so a few months ago my check engine light cam on as well as my cruise was blinking. i went to the dealership and they just reset my comp cuz it was the gas cap and the light wouldn't go off. so i was drving and it came on again. i really don't think it was my gas cap cuz i already had 70mi on that tank. so far i've drivin for another 2 tanks of gas and on my 3rd. is there anything i can do besides for drive another 80 miles to the dealership? i know i can just unhokk my battery but i how do i know its not the gas cap?
    Wingl3ss @lliance #10

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You can take it to an Autozone or such - they will read the code for you and reset it if you like (free).

On my 2003, I once got a gas cap cel (evaporative system or whatever it was). It didn't give me the flashing cruise control lights however.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Go get the code read as mentioned, the gas cap should not give you flashing as mentioned. Post the code and hopefully someone will be able to help you.

Ultimately the CEL is the dealer's responsibility since the car is newer and/or/if the CEL reflects emissions issues.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanks guys! ill see if i can get it done today
    Wingl3ss @lliance #10