apex'i turbo timer install
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on apex'i turbo timer install within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; i just purchased a apex'i turbo timer i know i need to tap 2 wires on the ecu for the ...

Arrow apex'i turbo timer install

i just purchased a apex'i turbo timer i know i need to tap 2 wires on the ecu for the 02 sensor voltage, what 2 wires need to be tapped, what color are they and where are they
    located on the ecu and what connectors etc....please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The auto time isn't (from what I have read) a reliable method of monitoring. IE it isn't accurate, I would just get AP, and be done with it,

apexi tt install for '06 wrx

im installing my apexi tt and this is my problem too. i really wanna make sure too which is which i shpuld tap that wire for the O2, Ground and the Wire for the e-brake . we would really appreciate if this problem is answered. pics would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by pnoiboost19 View Post
    im installing my apexi tt and this is my problem too. i really wanna make sure too which is which i shpuld tap that wire for the O2, Ground and the Wire for the e-brake . we would really appreciate if this problem is answered. pics would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot in advance!
    search the site for air fuel gauge install notes, its the same wire on the ecu

sorry not at home otherwise I would post the link I used when I had a a/f gauge
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

I bought the HKS wiring harness for my apexi turbo timer. I just got it today, so Im pretty curious too on installation.

Quote Originally Posted by bkotzman00 View Post
    search the site for air fuel gauge install notes, its the same wire on the ecu

sorry not at home otherwise I would post the link I used when I had a a/f gauge

thanks for the help bkotzman00! i hope we can figure out where the pinouts are already... my tt still not working, i mean it turns on but then when i turn the ignition off it doesnt keep the engine running... and i didnt hook up the o2 sensor... hope u can help us with this... thaks again man!

Alright so theres the black wire with a white stripe running to the base of the ebrake, thats where I splice the gray wire into correct? I already cut the dark green and black striped wire on the keyless entry module. However, I keep hearing people say to cut a gray wire on the security module under the center console. Where the hell is this?

Also. Where and how did you guys mount your relay module?

Okay I have an Apexi turbo timer with the HKS wiring harness. I thought I installed it successfully but it wont even start. I cut the dark green wire with the black stripe from the keyless entry module. I spliced the grey wire from the TT to the parking brake, and grounded the black wire to the frame. That all works, it just doesn't start. If anyone could help me Id seriously appreciate it.

Note: I diddnt hook up the o2 sensor wires to the ECU, pointless to me.

Vew
    Actually, there's only one wire that taps in to the O2 sensor. The other two are ground wires. You can ground them in the same spot.
    Reference: http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16657

Here's where I mounted mine.
    Last edited by Vew; 04-03-2007 at 09:07 PM.
    Jon
    "We live for a good time, not a long time."
    RIP Colin McRae

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.