Which turbo timer is easy to install?

This is a discussion on Which turbo timer is easy to install? within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I am in th midst of choosing a Turbo timer. So far I am looking at the Blitz Duall TT ...

Question Which turbo timer is easy to install?

I am in th midst of choosing a Turbo timer. So far I am looking at the Blitz Duall TT because it has a turbo bost gauge and the lap timers as extra features.

Will I need a regular boost gauge later or is the one that is built into this model sufficient?

How hard of an install is it if I attempt it myself as well?

Are there other comparable ones I should consider?

Thanks in advance...
    '02 Platinum WRX Wagon AT
    - K & N
    - Blitz DTT DC II
    - Vishnu Underdrive Pulley
    - Prodrive Power Pack Stage 2, Axle Back Exh, IC Y Pipe, Remapped ECU, Third Cat replacement pipe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Most of the turbo timers are easy to install. It involves plugging in a harness and splicing a few wires. Generally, though, the extra features aren't really worth it. Get a turbo timer to have a turbo timer. Get a boost gauge to keep track of boost.

I have the HKS type-0 and I'm pleased with it. It does what I need it to do. It comes with a voltmeter that I never use.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

I have the Blitz DTT DC II, and have been very happy with it. The boost readings are more than sufficient compared to a standard needle gauge, and actually make it easier to tune a boost controller to more exact standards because of the digital readout.

In regards to the installation, it was my first work ever on a car, and it was cake. Just make sure you buy a wiring harness too, so you don't have to splice any wires except for the parking brake. I tapped boost at the fuel pressure regulator, but I think there are multiple places you can get a good reading.

Michael-

I Support ClubWRX
    I also have this TT and I love it. I use the boost gauge all the time. And it is much easier to read a digital gauge than a manual boost gauge. I have also saved my motor AT LEAST 5 times because of the overboost warning feature built into it. If you start to overboost over your applied setting, it will beep and warn you. It is only $125 for the Blitz DC Dual TT. And IMHO, I think it is money well spent.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Bump.

Love my Blitz TT as well.

Got it installed.
    Had to reconnect the wrong green/black wire that I mistook for the underdash wire that needed pulling. Otherwise, it is woklring great.

What kind of boost readings do you guys get?

So far, I have seen 1.09 as a high in second gear. That seems a bit too much. Is that just my car spiking?

BTW, mine is a AT.

Take care...
    '02 Platinum WRX Wagon AT
    - K & N
    - Blitz DTT DC II
    - Vishnu Underdrive Pulley
    - Prodrive Power Pack Stage 2, Axle Back Exh, IC Y Pipe, Remapped ECU, Third Cat replacement pipe

If you're holding 1.09, that sounds a bit high, as that's practically 16psi in 2nd. If you only touch 1.09 and then it falls back down immediately, it's just a boost spike and nothing to worry about. I have my MBC set at 1.10 in 3rd and I generally can spike to 1.08 or so in 2nd.