Which turbo timer is easy to install?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Which turbo timer is easy to install? within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I am in th midst of choosing a Turbo timer. So far I am looking at the Blitz Duall TT ...

Question Which turbo timer is easy to install?

I am in th midst of choosing a Turbo timer. So far I am looking at the Blitz Duall TT because it has a turbo bost gauge and the lap timers as extra features.

Will I need a regular boost gauge later or is the one that is built into this model sufficient?

How hard of an install is it if I attempt it myself as well?

Are there other comparable ones I should consider?

Thanks in advance...
    '02 Platinum WRX Wagon AT
    - K & N
    - Blitz DTT DC II
    - Vishnu Underdrive Pulley
    - Prodrive Power Pack Stage 2, Axle Back Exh, IC Y Pipe, Remapped ECU, Third Cat replacement pipe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Most of the turbo timers are easy to install. It involves plugging in a harness and splicing a few wires. Generally, though, the extra features aren't really worth it. Get a turbo timer to have a turbo timer. Get a boost gauge to keep track of boost.

I have the HKS type-0 and I'm pleased with it. It does what I need it to do. It comes with a voltmeter that I never use.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

I have the Blitz DTT DC II, and have been very happy with it. The boost readings are more than sufficient compared to a standard needle gauge, and actually make it easier to tune a boost controller to more exact standards because of the digital readout.

In regards to the installation, it was my first work ever on a car, and it was cake. Just make sure you buy a wiring harness too, so you don't have to splice any wires except for the parking brake. I tapped boost at the fuel pressure regulator, but I think there are multiple places you can get a good reading.

Michael-

I Support ClubWRX
    I also have this TT and I love it. I use the boost gauge all the time. And it is much easier to read a digital gauge than a manual boost gauge. I have also saved my motor AT LEAST 5 times because of the overboost warning feature built into it. If you start to overboost over your applied setting, it will beep and warn you. It is only $125 for the Blitz DC Dual TT. And IMHO, I think it is money well spent.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Bump.

Love my Blitz TT as well.

Got it installed.
    Had to reconnect the wrong green/black wire that I mistook for the underdash wire that needed pulling. Otherwise, it is woklring great.

What kind of boost readings do you guys get?

So far, I have seen 1.09 as a high in second gear. That seems a bit too much. Is that just my car spiking?

BTW, mine is a AT.

Take care...
    '02 Platinum WRX Wagon AT
    - K & N
    - Blitz DTT DC II
    - Vishnu Underdrive Pulley
    - Prodrive Power Pack Stage 2, Axle Back Exh, IC Y Pipe, Remapped ECU, Third Cat replacement pipe

If you're holding 1.09, that sounds a bit high, as that's practically 16psi in 2nd. If you only touch 1.09 and then it falls back down immediately, it's just a boost spike and nothing to worry about. I have my MBC set at 1.10 in 3rd and I generally can spike to 1.08 or so in 2nd.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.