Invisible air freshner mod:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Invisible air freshner mod: within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Ok I don't know if this qualifies as a mod,,,but... have you discovered a 3 month old cheeseburger under your ...

Invisible air freshner mod:

Ok I don't know if this qualifies as a mod,,,but...

have you discovered a 3 month old cheeseburger under your seat?
    does your car ever get that "not-so-fresh" feeling?
    do you eat a lot of beans?
    do you think air freshners look tacky, and scream to the world "hey!!! look at me!!! I smell bad!!!"

...then this mod is for you.

it smells great, and its 100% invisible and undetectable. not even your mechanic will know.

first of all, you have to know that there's an air filter behind your glove box that filters all the air that goes to your vents. Even if you didn't get this option from the factory, the spot where the filter goes is there, and you can buy the filter from subaruparts for about $30. The filter works great by the way...I put in a white one every 20k miles and pull out a BLACK one.

So here's the mod:

when you install/replace your air filter. Spray the filter with whatever smell you like before inserting the filter. You may have to re-apply every once in a while. Second, you can place a dryer sheet on top of the filter before you slide it in. The most complicated version of this mod is to take TWO unsented dryer sheets, and place between them the sented substance of your choice, and staple around the outside of the dryer sheets, then place this assembly on top of the filter.

so there you are. now your car can smell pretty instead of like a sweaty nutsack, and no one has to know your diet consists mainly of broccoli, beans and sour milk.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    so there you are. now your car can smell pretty instead of like a sweaty nutsack, and no one has to know your diet consists mainly of broccoli, beans and sour milk.

You my friend...are an innovator. I just did it and its wonderful.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Broccoli rocks!

I should do this mod.
    -Eric
    Originally posted by lanevoell
    stand up for yourself, painter!
    Wesome +1

You can also do it with cookies, aged cheese (you have to use small pieces or it impedes the airflow), or just about any other food you want your car to smell like. Or, if you have too many people asking to carpool with you, just drop a dead mouse in there...I'll be the last carpool you ever have to drive.
    go f*** yourself

I took a soap(body wash) that I really liked and spread it on a dryer sheet. Covered it with 2 other sheets, one on each side, and placed in on a new filter. The car smells fantastic.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar

air fizzle

so i'm gonna do it, though the scent i love is of strippers, so to get their scent on there, I am gonna go to da club and have them wrastle with my cabin air filter....not really but just an idea....i'll spray my g/f's body spray on it

if you want to piss someone off. just go for a 10 mile run, and then wipe yourself down with the cabin filter and stick it in their car. ....unless its Zoop....he's enjoy it.
    go f*** yourself

I tried the mod this weekend but couldn't find the filter after being upsidedown in my passenger seat for ten minutes. I think I am retarded but do I have to take something apart?
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

you have to actually take the entire glove box out to get to it. ive always been curious to see if i actually had a filter in there, so i finally took a look this weekend and i did indeed have one, tho by the looks of it i dont think its been changed since the car rolled off the lot in '02 not my fault tho! i bought the car used and have only had it for a year. but i ordered a new filter up right away, that old one was just nasty

yeah do a search on cabin air filter here or on scoobymods for instructions.

you take off the glove box (easy) and behind it is a little plastic pannel you remove. The air filter is behind it. If you need a replacement you can get them from subaruparts.com for about $30.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisSnT
    You my friend...are an innovator. I just did it and its wonderful.
    +1
    whats a signature?

Darn it to heck and I checked at Scooby Mods too and searched for air filter and couldn't find it, I'm retarded. I will go back and search again, thank you for your patience I'm a little slow.
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

ok. just unscrew the 6 or so bolts around the glove box. you can't miss em. The whole thing comes off as one unit. behind it you will see a plastic pannel, about 2 inches high and 7 inches wide. Unscrew the bolts holding that in, and you're there.

http://www.subaruparts.com/guides/20...tion_Rev_a.pdf

...and careful, SOA might void your warranty
    go f*** yourself

you my friend, have a pair of steel balls resting in your boxers... great thinkin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast