Invisible air freshner mod: - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Invisible air freshner mod: within the Cockpit and Cabin forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by fokai you my friend, have a pair of steel balls resting in your boxers... great thinkin 1) ...

Quote Originally Posted by fokai
    you my friend, have a pair of steel balls resting in your boxers... great thinkin
    1) I'm a free-baller

2) having steel balls really sucks unless you also have a chainmail sack...otherwise they end up hanging down to your knees by the time you're in your late 40's. Maybe I should do a writeup for the chainmail sack mod....
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

will this mod work on my 02?... I hope I can get in there, I have a 6 point roll cage but no worries... just wondering if you were singling out 04 and up... or if my bugeyes would have this magical filter as well!

well my WRX is an '02, so it will definately work...it also works on Imprezas and Legacies and Forresters. The access to the cabin filter is a little different, but the idea still works. You may not have a filter in there, but you definately have a place for it, so buy a new filter. You'll either need one because its empty, or you're going to need one because you haven't replaced in in almost 5 years...and it will be REALLY REALLY nasty.
    go f*** yourself

Thanks!!! I'll try it soon! once I find some time. haha time, wouldn't that be nice!

shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. You can order the filter from subaruparts.com. I think they're $32.
    go f*** yourself

Strippers= Cotton Candy and glitter, I think you could forgo the glitter, just shove some cotton Candy in there, you BOOYAH, stripper smell.
    Sonic Yellow Snow Cone
    My Mods
    "Is that your dog sled?" "I'm standing next to it."
    Quote from TFATF-4 Anchorage Drift

hmm someone should make and sell pre scented cabin air filters for cars hmmm $$$$$$$$$$$

I try to keep my mods "open source". It increases modding karma. Although if I ever get this sideways TMIC figured out, I think I will sell those.
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX

The ONLY non-Subaru part that should be on your car!

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    I try to keep my mods "open source". It increases modding karma. Although if I ever get this sideways TMIC figured out, I think I will sell those.
    In that spirit I'll add this: I usually tell everyone to NOT use unauthorized parts. This includes absolutely everything aftermarket from brake parts to exhaust systems to oil filters, everything, for warranty, reliability, and price:value reasons.

HOWEVER, just this once, and since nobody will know or care, I'd recommend not being a slave to the burgeois ideal of paying $30 US for a plain-ol' cabin air filter and going to your local hardware store to find something that works just as well.

An example is here:
    http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...e+depot+filter

and there are other examples elsewhere, including the "other" board with the less emotionally stable members.

A simple $8 HEPA filter cut to size and augmented with mom's favourite dryer sheet will filter air just as well as the ridiculously priced SOA one, and will have your cabin smelling like a laundry room in no time.

Thanks for the mod Blarg.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by blarg

...and if you're not yes a true believer, not two weeks after posting the instructions to this "almost free" mod (and the tilt mod) I was able to locate a resonably-priced never-installed Deadbolt Monster 16g that fit perfectly into the "blarg wants a new turbo" fund budget...so there it is. Mod Karma works!
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by god910
    Strippers= Cotton Candy and glitter, I think you could forgo the glitter, just shove some cotton Candy in there, you BOOYAH, stripper smell.
    How is it that every stripper on the face of the earth smells like cotton candy? It's a conspiracy, I tell you!
    Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Drav
    How is it that every stripper on the face of the earth smells like cotton candy? It's a conspiracy, I tell you!
    its actually more of a vanilla. I used to date a stripper. They all use the same damn vanilla scent. I guess it covers up the coke breath well.
    go f*** yourself

Doing this tomorrow for sure. Seems like a good way to keep the car fresh after hauling around stinky hiking boots and my repulsive smelling sleeping bag (take a sleeping bag on a 16 day backpacking trip and see how it smells before yee judge).
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

i guess i have a project for lazy saturday
    cool, thanx
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Just don't dry out your weed in there or you'll have drug sniffing dogs everywhere!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast