Ad popups, redirects and persistent loading

This is a discussion on Ad popups, redirects and persistent loading within the Clubwrx Website/Forum Support - Report Errors forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues over the last few weeks: Only on the clubwrx website ...

Ad popups, redirects and persistent loading

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues over the last few weeks:

Only on the clubwrx website I am occasionally getting popup windows or getting extra tabs in my browser opened. Other times I've had the page try to load for quite a long time- so I leave the page and let the ad reload to something different. I've navigated to clubwrx and walked away while it is loading, only to come back to a browser with dozens of tabs open. -_- I've even had an ad popup on my phone when visiting clubwrx.

Is this because our new benefactors are unscrupulously choosing what kinds of ads to display? I don't want my favorite website to use virusy phishing ads to make revenue.

Am I the only one?

Correlation vs causation issues?
    David - '05 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    No, we don't use pop up adds. What browser are you using? Also have you scanned your system for adware recently? I hope this can be solved soon

KN Community Support

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like you have some malware screwing with your browser..

I guess it does seem that way. I'm still perplexed as to why it only seems to bother me on this site. I won't trouble you guys with this anymore then.
    David - '05 WRX

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I had a similar issue a year or two ago.. only got the popups on this site for some reason, turned out there was some Firefox add-on that covertly installed itself onto my browser. I think Spybot Search & Destroy took care of it.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well hopefully this helps you out

KN Community Support

I Support ClubWRX
    I get popup ads from banners. Not a full-screen deal, but I'll get a takeover banner of a video clip and then it'll run but you I can pause and X-out the takeover. I'm on an older version of safari, but that same thing happens on my fully updated FFox.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49