Ad popups, redirects and persistent loading
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ad popups, redirects and persistent loading within the Clubwrx Website/Forum Support - Report Errors forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues over the last few weeks: Only on the clubwrx website ...

Ad popups, redirects and persistent loading

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues over the last few weeks:

Only on the clubwrx website I am occasionally getting popup windows or getting extra tabs in my browser opened. Other times I've had the page try to load for quite a long time- so I leave the page and let the ad reload to something different. I've navigated to clubwrx and walked away while it is loading, only to come back to a browser with dozens of tabs open. -_- I've even had an ad popup on my phone when visiting clubwrx.

Is this because our new benefactors are unscrupulously choosing what kinds of ads to display? I don't want my favorite website to use virusy phishing ads to make revenue.

Am I the only one?

Correlation vs causation issues?
    David - '05 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    No, we don't use pop up adds. What browser are you using? Also have you scanned your system for adware recently? I hope this can be solved soon

KN Community Support

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like you have some malware screwing with your browser..

I guess it does seem that way. I'm still perplexed as to why it only seems to bother me on this site. I won't trouble you guys with this anymore then.
    David - '05 WRX

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I had a similar issue a year or two ago.. only got the popups on this site for some reason, turned out there was some Firefox add-on that covertly installed itself onto my browser. I think Spybot Search & Destroy took care of it.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well hopefully this helps you out

KN Community Support

I Support ClubWRX
    I get popup ads from banners. Not a full-screen deal, but I'll get a takeover banner of a video clip and then it'll run but you I can pause and X-out the takeover. I'm on an older version of safari, but that same thing happens on my fully updated FFox.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.