2002 WRX Misfiring and Overboosting

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX Misfiring and Overboosting within the Clubwrx Website/Forum Support - Report Errors forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone. So i joined this forum mainly because of this issue that i am having. That issue being that ...

2002 WRX Misfiring and Overboosting

Hi everyone. So i joined this forum mainly because of this issue that i am having. That issue being that my 2002 wrx is misfiring all cylinders and now recently overboosting.
    some history:
    i bought the car about 3 years ago, bone stock from a 50 year old with about 150,xxx miles (currently has 196,xxx) . the engine had been rebuilt with full documentation and overall looked like a straight car... which it was. it wasn't until having it sit for 2 months while at boot camp that it starting acting up. before that i had installed the Cobb sf filter and Cobb Accessport with stage 1 acn off the shelf tune. ran it for about 4 months with no issues.
    after basic, the car ran fine, but kept throwing codes. first for MAF, then Front o2 Sensor, and Finally Missfiring all 4 cylinders. we went through the entire car and had the following done:
    - new MAF sensor
    - Front o2 was loose, tightened that up
    - replaced all 4 sparkplugs
    - compression test on cylinders came out good
    - replaced intercooler hoses and recirc with samco products due to rotting
    - replaced intake inlet with tomei inlet, also due to rotting
    - gates timing belt with new pulleys
    - new pcv
    - new turbo vacuum lines WITH THE RESTICTOR PILL

now the issue is the misfiring in all 4 cylinders and unpredictable boost. it hasnt been able to hold consistent boost, but when the boost solenoid is disconnected, it steadily holds 7lbs (wastegate pressure). today with the solenoid hooked up, it spiked to 19lbs of boost, and was unpredictable.

so far ive narrowed it down to a faulty boost solenoid or wastegate, but still that leaves the misfires. my mechanic cant pin point it either. id really appreciate the help, really want to get her back on the road safely.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Let me know what you find out about your misfires, mine is misfiring as well. What do you mean by overboosting?