Over the limit for Attachments
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Over the limit for Attachments within the Clubwrx Website/Forum Support - Report Errors forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When I try to upload pictures, my uploader comes up, says i have like 7.94MB out of 1.32MB used. Every ...

Over the limit for Attachments

When I try to upload pictures, my uploader comes up, says i have like 7.94MB out of 1.32MB used. Every time I try to upload a new image it says I am over my limit. How can I remove the old pictures to upload new ones???
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    In the drop down under Forum Actions,go to General Settings,under "my settings" you will see Attachments at the bottom,select images ,select delete on bottom right corner.Or upgrade your account & keep the images & add more
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

thank you!
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)

im having a similar problem. my max in my "File Upload Manager" is 1.53 MB. i did what you mentioned above but all that did was delete them from any posts/threads. i went to attach more and i still have all the ones i deleted in the "File Upload Manager" pop up. how do i get rid of those?
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

I Support ClubWRX
    good question.I was wondering the same thing.Had a similar problem.I'll post this problem to the moderators.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

As it was explained to me there are two options: Donate and upgrade your membership and it will increase your space, or get like a Photobucket account and just post the links
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287

I Support ClubWRX
    great,thanks a lot.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

np
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287

I Support ClubWRX
    Removing attachments from posts and threads doesn't clear space, since the attachments are still uploaded on the server. To remove them, go to your usercp settings at the top right of any page and under the "My Settings" box on the left column click on "Attachments". You may choose attachments to delete, and this will clear up your available space. Hope this helps!
    Justin
    ClubWRX.net Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    I already did that but the deleted photos still show up on the pop up file upload manager.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 02-28-2011 at 10:14 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah you're correct. I'm looking into this and we may have to switch to a different kind of upload manager. I'll post back here when I find a fix. Thanks for the heads up.
    Justin
    ClubWRX.net Admin

any new info on this yet? sorry to be impatient, i signed up for a photobucket account for now. also, is it true that upgrading my membership will increase my storage space? if so, by how much? i don't mean to sound cheap either, i plan on upgrading/donating in the future anyway. i love this site and have already learned SO much. its just that most of my extra spending $$ is usually spent before i see it (thank you hobbies).
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi Guys,
    Sorry for the delay. Short of using a hack to move and store attachments outside of the database, I don't think it's possible right now to completely delete pictures that have been uploaded. vBulletin's reasoning for this is that if attachments were to be deleted from the database they'd also be deleted from the threads. Hopefully in future vbulletin builds they'll change their mind about this restriction.

You can view all of the benefits of upgrading your account by clicking on "Donate" at the top navbar.
    Justin
    ClubWRX.net Admin

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.