What happened to everyone's post count? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on What happened to everyone's post count? within the Clubwrx Website/Forum Support - Report Errors forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mycologist Yeah, computer science is what inspired me to leave school for 6 years. i see what ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Yeah, computer science is what inspired me to leave school for 6 years.
    i see what you did there..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So whatever happened with this? I'd love more information on what happened, if it's believed that anything is recoverable.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    So whatever happened with this? I'd love more information on what happened, if it's believed that anything is recoverable.
    +1

Brfatal found a year old version of the bugeye thread on timsforum.

The post count thing has to be reparable too. I am subscribed to over 2000 threads still and my posts are still in them all. I was around 2 posts/day for a long time and post counts are an indication of credibility to some degree. It seems odd that most of the mods have no posts in these post- post- wh0re war days.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Wrinklechops
    +1

Brfatal found a year old version of the bugeye thread on timsforum.

The post count thing has to be reparable too. I am subscribed to over 2000 threads still and my posts are still in them all. I was around 2 posts/day for a long time and post counts are an indication of credibility to some degree. It seems odd that most of the mods have no posts in these post- post- wh0re war days.
    Myco-
    Any insider info from the moderator forums? I know this was being discussed over there.

I guess no answer is the answer.

The data's gone, I can accept that while biting my tongue... My concern is that we've got a fun community where people have build relationships/friendships/hatred towards one another over many, many years and if something like this happens and we really don't get any comment regarding it, how little is it going to take for it all to dissolve? Not that it would be the end of the world, many of us communicate via other means, just saying. . .

Wrinklechops
    I guess no answer is the answer.

The data's gone, I can accept that while biting my tongue... My concern is that we've got a fun community where people have build relationships/friendships/hatred towards one another over many, many years and if something like this happens and we really don't get any comment regarding it, how little is it going to take for it all to dissolve? Not that it would be the end of the world, many of us communicate via other means, just saying. . .
    My guess is that someone knows. My guess is that the moderators know or the admins know. My guess is that we are not important enough to be privvy to such information for some reason? I agree Brian, it's somewhat of a tragedy. Besides, I thought admin had the power to reset post counts. Maybe it won't be 100% accurate, but it would be a start.
    Last edited by Wrinklechops; 11-04-2009 at 09:40 AM.

I'm not so worried about post count, that's insignificant. I'm more concerned that threads have been lost. . Tutorials, Funnays, data logs, accounts and troubleshooting of problems just general information.

Wrinklechops
    I'm not so worried about post count, that's insignificant. I'm more concerned that threads have been lost. . Tutorials, Funnays, data logs, accounts and troubleshooting of problems just general information.
    Well yes, me too, and the problem are related obviously. I'm more concerned no one has an answer for us, despite all the IT gurus that are either admins, mods, or members of this site. Like I said though, I'm pretty sure someone has an idea what happened but isn't going to tell us for some reason.

I Support ClubWRX
    you shouldn't speculate; it's nothing more than a guess.

There's really only one or two people that would actually know and/or have answers. It's not all Mods, Admins, etc. Not all of us have accesss to situations and problems deeply related to the data/hardware.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    you shouldn't speculate; it's nothing more than a guess.

There's really only one or two people that would actually know and/or have answers. It's not all Mods, Admins, etc. Not all of us have accesss to situations and problems deeply related to the data/hardware.
    I understand, but when I first started this thread, some moderators jumped on to say "stay tuned, this is being discussed in the moderator forums" - and that was the last I heard. That led me to speculate that for some reason only the mods and admins were allowed to discuss this and find a solution and us lowly members weren't

I Support ClubWRX
    None of the active admins/mods know what happened. It's been talked about, but no conclusions as to how or why.

I haven't responded here because I have nothing new to report. The active admins on here are administrators for the forum, but not to the server. I wish I had access to the box itself, because then I could jump in, look at logs, look into MySQL, perhaps find a clue as to why the change occurred. It's possible that there is a vBulletin utility out there that could be useful.

This will require help from Tim, the folks who manage the server, or maybe from a fellow named Roman who helped to deal with the server way back when.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry my silence wasn't personal - I'm not allowed to comment on what is said in the mod forum.

My personal opinion is that this was not a major content loss - the drop in post counts is in no way related either. The only thread I have seen missing is the bugeye thread. That would only account for <100 of the 4700 I lost from my post count. I can still see all of my posts in the correct threads going back to my first post (except for the ones in the mafia thread). They aren't gone at all, they are just not being counted.

That being said, I think it is worth substantial further investigation on the server side and I hope Tim will fill us in as to what is being done about it.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Wrinklechops
    My personal opinion is that this was not a major content loss - the drop in post counts is in no way related either. The only thread I have seen missing is the bugeye thread. That would only account for <100 of the 4700 I lost from my post count. I can still see all of my posts in the correct threads going back to my first post (except for the ones in the mafia thread). They aren't gone at all, they are just not being counted.
    I just thought it had something to do with people who had posted in the bugeye mafia thread. What I mean is, if you had posted in there at one point, you were among those affected with the drop in post count. For example, I never posted in the bugeye mafia thread and my post count was NOT affected. This is how I thought they were related somehow.

wow i would have never thought i would have seen the day that I have more posts then ray
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    I just thought it had something to do with people who had posted in the bugeye mafia thread. What I mean is, if you had posted in there at one point, you were among those affected with the drop in post count. For example, I never posted in the bugeye mafia thread and my post count was NOT affected. This is how I thought they were related somehow.
    I had the same thought.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.