PENDING - Can't post a thread - Rogan 07/06/09 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on PENDING - Can't post a thread - Rogan 07/06/09 within the Clubwrx Website/Forum Support - Report Errors forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; joker's answer is consistent with the searching that I've done; it's why I asked to have a look at the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    joker's answer is consistent with the searching that I've done; it's why I asked to have a look at the php.ini 3 weeks back.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    joker's answer is consistent with the searching that I've done; it's why I asked to have a look at the php.ini 3 weeks back.
    Agreed. I've been working on a few different shopping carts and WordPress blogs lately, and I've found I had to make that exact change on all of them to avoid similar errors.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Peachypumpkincheeks

Can't post a new thread!

Attempted to post a new thread in OT and Everyday Impreza forum. Simple text, no images or links. Tried in IE and Firefox.

Received error every time:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /home/clubwrx/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 3312

Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Peachypumpkincheeks

Just tried to post the same thread in "New Members" forum as well. No go.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Attempted again this morning to post the same thread in OT, received same 'Fatal Errors' message.

I shortened the title by like 3 words, and then it posted. I know there's live threads with titles MUCH longer than the one I was posting, this issue is screwy!

This is a really easy fix. Not sure why it's still a problem.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by joker2040 View Post
    This is a really easy fix. Not sure why it's still a problem.
    You've stated that, before, thank you.

HOWEVER, "I" do not have the abilities to 'fix' it, so I'm waiting on the one who can to read my email and try the php change..

And ironically, I never seem to be able to replicate it, when it's reported, although I do know it exists.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

CAnt post, allocating 32 bytes/allocating 16 bytes

Exactly as title says. Attempted to post in both off topic and impreza talk.
    Current Ride:'04 JBP WRX Stage 2!

Previous Ride: 96' Civic EJ8 - Sold

Hey guys, is clubwrx.net on a dedicated server or shared hosting?

If a dedicated, then anyone who has a shell access to the box should be able to fix it in 2 minutes top!

It seems php is running out of memory again (64 MB limit) this morning. Maybe it's time to up it to 128 and be done with it for a while?

The error is a general PHP error that isn't necessarily related to vBulletin. It means the PHP engine hit a hard set memory limit of 64 MB. The quickest way to fix it is to log into the box via shell account, edit '/etc/php.ini', find the "memory_limit = 64MB" directive and change it to 128, restart apache, and test the site.

If the site is on a shared hosting, then the hosting provider should be able to adjust the server setting.
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WagonGuy View Post

If a dedicated, then anyone who has a shell access to the box should be able to fix it in 2 minutes top!

It seems php is running out of memory again (64 MB limit) this morning. Maybe it's time to up it to 128 and be done with it for a while?

The error is a general PHP error that isn't necessarily related to vBulletin. It means the PHP engine hit a hard set memory limit of 64 MB. The quickest way to fix it is to log into the box via shell account, edit '/etc/php.ini', find the "memory_limit = 64MB" directive and change it to 128, restart apache, and test the site.

If the site is on a shared hosting, then the hosting provider should be able to adjust the server setting.
    Thanks, I'll forward this to the approriate persons with access.
    Rogan o_0

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Thanks, I'll forward this to the approriate persons with access.
    No problem at all. I just went through the thread and found out my notes may not be precisely related to your server since the php config file on your box is at /usr/local/lib/php/ini and I mentioned /etc/php.ini so adjust accordingly.

But what struck me the most is that the phpinfo.php file is wide open and available for all to see. That's a big no. At least have someone password protect it with a realm auth or restrict access to it to certain IPs for administration purposes. Better yet, remove it all together, since recreating that file is a matter of writing a 3 line php code. The information revealed by that script about your server environment is equivalent to me posting xerox copies of my drivers license, social security card, bank statements, passport, etc...you get the idea Nothing may happen ever but script kiddies love this sort of stuff.
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

I Support ClubWRX
    nice...

thanks again!

(and yes, I RSS'd your blog.. It's interesting.)
    Rogan o_0

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WagonGuy View Post

It's on a dedicated server. I'll go ahead and issue a ticket to see if the host can make the changes for us. Thanks for the tip!
    Tim
    Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX View Post
    It's on a dedicated server. I'll go ahead and issue a ticket to see if the host can make the changes for us. Thanks for the tip!

I'd love to be able to close this out
    Rogan o_0

nice...

thanks again!
    (and yes, I RSS'd your blog.. It's interesting.)
    Thanks, I feel flattered

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX View Post
    No problem, my pleasure.

While this seems like a nuisance having adjust the PHP memory limit every few months, it isn't really such a big deal in your case because luckily the site is hosted on a dedicated server. Assuming the server is solely responsible for serving dynamic pages via PHP/MySQL backend and that is the only major service taxing the server resources then bumping the memory limit for PHP until a 'sweet spot' is reached is a normal procedure in web hosting. No one goes crazy right away and allocates 1GB of RAM for a page that initially requires 26 or 32 MB.
    But if the server is equipped with > 2GB of RAM then giving it increments of 32 or 64 MB shouldn't really have any impact on the server performance as long as the upper OS memory limit isn't reached or some other negative memory related bottle neck happens.

I wonder if you could post the output of the following commands:

less /proc/meminfo

ps -e -orss=,args= | sort -b -k1,1n
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast