Purchasing Tips - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Purchasing Tips within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; sorry, but for all these prices that you guys are talking about, is it the out the door price, or ...

sorry, but for all these prices that you guys are talking about, is it the out the door price, or the price before tax and license and fees?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sexist?

Are you scared to buy a car from a girl?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXgetsmeoff! View Post
    Are you scared to buy a car from a girl?
    Is this in reference to a previous post or are you just asking with no precedent in the thread?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

How about both...

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Is this in reference to a previous post or are you just asking with no precedent in the thread?

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, the way I usually do things is by starting a business transaction, and this seldom, if ever, involves speaking to a salesperson for more than a few minutes (half hour max).

Their gender, race, beliefs, appearance, personality, problems, strengths, weaknesses, etc. -- anything about them -- doesn't really matter, as the whole transaction isn't really focused on them; it's focused on me. This is possible because all they have is cars, whereas the buyer has money.

Email around for the car you want. Do not call. Ever. Under any circumstances. If you get responses like "call me" move on. There is nothing to talk about; they either have the car you've selected or not. If they do, and they offer it at the price you've selected, go drive it. If they don't, move on.

Tell them when you're showing up so they can be expecting you. Have a loan commitment from your credit union or your check book handy. Do not go to a dealer and depend on them for financing.

If you hear phases such as "... let me run some numbers" leave them your card and have them call you when they've prepared whatever miraculous numbers for which they apparently felt the need to delay you.

Another red flag is "... I'm losing money with this deal."

This is one of the few phrases I take at face value -- repeat, face value. Believe them, and do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Apologize, shake their hand, and leave. Don't let them sell you a car "at a loss." Leave instead. This cuts down drastically on rubbish and BS fanfare during what should be a straightforward transaction.

Buying a car is very simple; it is we that make it "complicated."
    Last edited by SD_GR; 06-05-2007 at 11:41 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

You all must be really happy people.In Ukrain WRX 2.5 turbo is $37000+
    taxes~=$39000. We didn't hesitate to buy it. It was enough only test-
    drive to make definitive decision. Right now I'm not sure it was right one.
    Yesterday I burnt off the clutch. And I had to change all shock-absorbers in 17000 km. But it's nothing compared to drive .
    Actually that's my wife's car, sometimes I take it to do some flying...

Good Dealer in Northern California

Hi all:
    I am planning to buy a new 07 Subaru WRX TR. Please can you guys suggest me good dealers here in North California, and the price I should be looking for a Base Model.

Thanks
    Chetan

edited: If you would like to advertise your services here, please contact BlazinWRX via PM about obtaining vendor status. Thank you... -- Ray
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 06-30-2007 at 06:35 PM.

i am going to buy a subaru in a few weeks and i have two choices, a 06 wrx or a 04 sti. the wrx has 7k miles and is 22000$, when the sti has 28k miles and is 18000$. which should i buy? i have already had a 06 wrx and i loved it and i wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, just this sti seems like a good deal. can some one please help me make up my mind!!!

First off, Im new here and I dont own a subaru YET. Im trying to decide between a 1998 STI or an 05 wrx. The sti is about $10k (I dont have all the numbers on hand) and the 05 wrx is around $18k. I was wondering if anyone can throw out some opinions to help me out, thanks

What Red Flags Should I Look For When Purchasing an 02 WRX?

How do i Know that the wrx Im buying is in good operating condition? Should I keep my eye out for any signs that might not be typical in these cars? Thanks

07 sti...help, help, help!!!!

listen, the 07 sti, blue w/gold wheels has a msrp of 34688. the salesman is offering 31470 plus tax only.

is this a good price?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alexp112459 View Post
    listen, the 07 sti, blue w/gold wheels has a msrp of 34688. the salesman is offering 31470 plus tax only.

is this a good price?
    I'm gonna try to revive this thread. :-D

according to edmunds base invoice price on an 07 sti is 31,618. so you're under invoice according to edmunds which is good.

Most of the dealerships in my area (NJ/NY metro area) offer 07 STis for 32000 flat and it's very hard to get any of them to budge too much.

I'm looking to buy a new 07 sti right now and 32k seems to be the magic number everywhere. Edmunds true market value (takes data from what people are actually buying the car for) is close to 33k.

So to me that's not a bad price at all.

Be careful of financing though. 6% or 7% can be a lot of money long term. Try to get the lowest APR possible. Shop around for financing as much as you shop around for your car.

07 sti for 31k

holy crap!!!

the dealer just called and sold me the car for 31k!!! with an MSRP of $34,688. they have 2 more left with same savings. It has 4 miles on it. BTW, a little late on this but am a Toyota owner and sold my 04 supra turbo last year due to my daughter's birth. how reliable are these STIs?

Thanks in advance.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alexp112459 View Post
    holy crap!!!

the dealer just called and sold me the car for 31k!!! with an MSRP of $34,688. they have 2 more left with same savings. It has 4 miles on it. BTW, a little late on this but am a Toyota owner and sold my 04 supra turbo last year due to my daughter's birth. how reliable are these STIs?

Thanks in advance.
    Very.

I wouldn't buy an STi unless it had 0 miles on it. People test drive a non-broken in car and redline the thing. That = bad.

Most dealerships won't let people test drive cars like this

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast