Subaru WRX Forum banner

2005 sti (help)

877 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  XJman 
#1 ·
Hello, thinking about purchasing a used 2005 sti. It has a rebuild title. It has 110000 on the odometer and is stock. Listed for 12500 but he said he would take 9k... its super clean on the inside and outside, with no engine problems. However, it was in an accident where it was hit from the back. The very back frame, near where the trunk locks, was welded back together. And parts of the trunk floor were wielded back together as well. It looks ugly in the trunk, lots of minor dents from the inside as well as black tar looking welding that was done..Hope to get some opinions as to if I should walk away or not. Would it be possible to fix damage to the frame? And if not, is this type of damage significant?

Thanks!

#2 ·
There is no frame.

Add $1,000 to the cost for timing belt, water pump, ancillary belts, fluids, pulleys, spark plugs, filters.

Add $1,500 to the cost for every single piece of rubber or plastic under the intake manifold since they're all brittle and will go to pieces like my dreams.

Find a stock car with full service history in writing and authentic parts preferred.

#3 ·
That's a lot of money for something that isn't right. I would t pay half of that for the car. Salvage vehicles are typically a bad idea to buy and rely on. Frame damage on a unibody vehicle is a death sentence. The entire body distributes load and anything not arrow straight messes with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.