Which is the best deal?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Which is the best deal? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Looking for some opinions, I am leaning toward the 2015 to be honest. 2015 Limited WRX (automatic, i know but ...

Which is the best deal?

Looking for some opinions, I am leaning toward the 2015 to be honest.

2015 Limited WRX (automatic, i know but I don't mind I have a wife that can't drive a stick and honestly wouldn't trust her to do so even if she did know how)

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-fo...15-subaru-wrx/

2013 WRX (Manual)

https://www.kbb.com/cars-for-sale/44...=kbbrank&nr=25

Any thoughts as to which one would be the best deal? I will be putting about $4500 down on either one I get.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would get the 2015. It's a little newer, still has warranty left and in general is just a bit nicer inside than the 2013.

Basically find the one that has the best maintenance history and no modification

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post
    I would get the 2015. It's a little newer, still has warranty left and in general is just a bit nicer inside than the 2013.

Basically find the one that has the best maintenance history and no modification

Thanks man, I appreciate the input.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post

XJ, looks as though all the service records for the 2013 are with it and it still has some warranty remaining as well, i might go check it out and see if i can haggle the price down, then make my decision. it's at least worth a look imo

i also found this one with 6,900 miles, about 2.5 hours away from me though.

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-fo...16-subaru-wrx/

First off, I think its apples and oranges comparing a stick to a CVT. The driving experience is totally different in my opinion. That said, the '13 asking price seem high. CarGurus.com is a good site to help judge price verse book value.

Registered User Firefighterjake's Avatar
    Can I go with Choice D? Me . . . I would check in with the dealers in your area -- and perhaps send a message to the Ramsey Subaru connection found on this site to see what a new, ordered WRX would cost. To be honest at the price point you are looking at I think you may find ordering a new WRX may be a better option . . . plus, if you need financing, typically you can get better loan rates and terms.

I suspect you may find that depending on what options you absolutely must have, ordering a brand new WRX might not be as expensive as you may think and then you have the benefit of a) having a warranty and b) knowing from Day 1 how the car was driven, maintained, etc.

I agree with Firefighterjake. Subarus hold their value very well and, because of the appetite of their owners to mod, I wouldn't buy a used one.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.