New Vehicle (404: Subaru Content Not Found)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Vehicle (404: Subaru Content Not Found) within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I ordered myself a new toy yesterday... 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4 6M/T Premium & Tech / Towing / ...

I Support ClubWRX

New Vehicle (404: Subaru Content Not Found)

I ordered myself a new toy yesterday...

2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4 6M/T
    Premium & Tech / Towing / Tonneau Cover package
    Mudguards / Predator Steps / Roof Rack / All-Weather Floor Mats & Door Sill Protectors

I got hooked up with a fantastic deal at a local dealership through a friend of mine; I told the sales manager the features/options that I wanted, and he came back with basically the price I was hoping to pay after some research without any haggle.

I am keeping the Subaru, but retiring it from DD duty. 2016 has been a relatively expensive year for the STI so far. I'm hoping to keep the miles on that down, so that I can get a few more years out of it before another major repair bill comes up. I was hoping to hold off until next year, but with the downtime this year (I've had my Subaru ~6 weeks in 2016), I decided to just bite the bullet and go for it. It will be nice to finally have a vehicle that is under warranty again. Modifications will be kept to a minimum, and will be cosmetic only (e.g., hood struts, window visors, grille, and maybe tint) with the exception of a Valentine1 hard-wire install.

While the Taco is not the most fiscally responsible choice both from a purchase price and MPG standpoint (I'd have been better off buying the Mazda6 I was considering last year), this gives me additional utility to be able to haul stuff and get to places that a car couldn't due to the additional ground clearance. The Tacoma has always been an option in the back of my mind, and with the resale value, I will probably flip the truck again in a few years for another, assuming it's still offered in a three-pedal setup, to remain under that warranty umbrella.

ETA is 6-8 weeks, but I'm expecting more like 8-12; luckily, I have an operational DD vehicle in the meantime, so an extended wait shouldn't matter.
    Last edited by EJ257; 05-20-2016 at 08:44 PM.
    2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road - Daily
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno) - Weekend

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I love this truck.

The new 3.5L D4S motor should give you a decent 10% boost in Fuel economy over the older 4.0L.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Very nice Matthew, enjoy! I owned a 12 and 13 Taco, loved them both.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 WRX COBB Surgeline Stage 2 Pro Tune
    Journal-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Administrator ...De Rerum Natura TheJ's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I really like those trucks Matt. I look forward to your review and some photos
    -The J

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I don't think there is a mid size truck that can compete with the taco

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nice! Is that a manual transmission i see?
    "If the power increases, then I have to spend more money on gas" - Takumi Fujiwara

Build: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...eye-wagon.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Received a call from the sales manager today. He spoke with his rep and they're thinking end of June / early July ETA.

Quote Originally Posted by mustwarnorcas
    Nice! Is that a manual transmission i see?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by XJman
    I don't think there is a mid size truck that can compete with the taco
    Manual transmission "must have" pretty much limited me to the Toyota. While the Colorado can be had in a stick, only with the 4-cylinder version (and not with a double cab).

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ
    I really like those trucks Matt. I look forward to your review and some photos
    I could've probably gotten my vehicle sooner had I chosen a less outlandish color but I really like the orange, and I settled on color with the Subaru (I wanted CGM), and I've always regretted it; I wasn't going to make that same mistake again. The bright orange will probably draw a little more LEO attention as well (vs a dark grey), but certainly can't be more than the big wing / big hoodscoop Subaru. Regardless, I've ordered another hardwire kit for the Valentine1.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose42
    Very nice Matthew, enjoy! I owned a 12 and 13 Taco, loved them both.
    Haven't even been able to test drive one (no M/Ts available). Because of that, ordering one makes me a little nervous, but they can't legally hold me to the purchase if I don't like it.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    A few things I'm looking forward to most...

1) Warranty. The Subaru has been out of warranty for a few years now. Repairs aren't all that uncommon, as wear items reach EOL and other parts just break (part of owning a 12-13 yr /120+K mi modified vehicle). When the Subaru was recently down for the fuel system and at the same time, the Bravada (the vehicle I normally use when the Subaru breaks) was down with a blown transmission, I decided that I needed to get something that was covered.

2) All the new gadgets / toys. Blind spot monitoring, rear traffic alert (notifies you when backing up if you're going to get T-Boned), navigation, bluetooth, backup camera, heated seats, etc. It will be nice to get some additional creature comforts that weren't available on my car when I got it. Certain things could've been added in the aftermarket, but I won't have to with this.

3) Moonroof. I wanted to get a 2007 Limited when I was initially shopping for STIs, but it wasn't really in the budget at the time. It's the one thing I miss about my first car, and this is one of those things that you really don't want to add from the aftermarket (even if it's available).

4) Ground clearance. Because I enjoy going out into the middle of nowhere (often times on unpaved / poorly maintained roads) to both hike and fish, it will be nice to have more than I do in the Subaru. I've had to either park my car and walk or simply turn around / reverse sometimes when either the terrain has too much undulation / rocks or when areas are underwater (I don't want to pull a Mikie / Jimmy).

UNYSOC

Don't want a scubaru? I also wish they would come up with a sport development team that didn't remind me of turd.

I've looked at Toyotas for a while. I'd like an older 4 runner or land cruiser.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Actually a SuperSpy. Take Care. SD_GR's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's really nice. I'd be hesitant to actually use it as a truck since it's actually quite posh and the fit and finish is better than my Subaru.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Πως έγινε με τούτο τον αιώνα και γύρισε καπάκι η ζωή
    Πως το ’φεραν η μοίρα και τα χρόνια να μην ακούσεις έναν ποιητή
    Manos Eleftheriou
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    That's really nice. I'd be hesitant to actually use it as a truck since it's actually quite posh and the fit and finish is better than my Subaru.
    It will be used as a DD first, a truck second. I don't have the highest payload / towing capacity, but I have access to a full-size F150 or an F550 dump truck if I need more (which I would've had to borrow had I gotten the Mazda6 anyway). This will allow me to do 99% of the "truck stuff" I need without having to borrow a vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by XJman
    I've looked at Toyotas for a while. I'd like an older 4 runner or land cruiser.
    I'd prefer CPO, but I can't justify spending the money on a used Tacoma; they just hold their resale value too much. The better engine and the ability to get exactly what I want this time (that I didn't get on the Subaru) just make it a no-brainer for me to custom order.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the yota family

I Support ClubWRX
    I just picked up my new 4Runner two weeks ago, and really like it. It has none of the electronic nannies most new vehicles have, just bare bone utility.

From what I've been reading, you will completely eliminate the most complained about problem with the new Tacoma; the new transmission constantly hunting gears. I look forward to seeing how it works for you!

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    Explore the USA
    2016 Toyota 4Runner__2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd (sold) __2002 WRX Wagon (sold) __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ and a few scooters...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by smorris
    I just picked up my new 4Runner two weeks ago, and really like it. It has none of the electronic nannies most new vehicles have, just bare bone utility.
    Nice! Does this replace the OBXT?

Quote Originally Posted by smorris
    From what I've been reading, you will completely eliminate the most complained about problem with the new Tacoma; the new transmission constantly hunting gears.
    I don't know how much of it is you only typically hear about the problems, but transmission stories aren't that uncommon over on TacomaWorld for the 6A/T; whether it's gear hunting or low fluid (even on delivery).

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi
    Welcome to the yota family

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Nice! Does this replace the OBXT?
    Yep, the Outback is for sale on every Subaru forum and Facebook Group I'm on. I've got a couple semi-serious guys so far, and it's only been listed since Sunday afternoon. (See the advent in the For Sale section or at Smorris' 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited)

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    Explore the USA
    2016 Toyota 4Runner__2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd (sold) __2002 WRX Wagon (sold) __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ and a few scooters...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.