How did your Heuberger delivery go?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on How did your Heuberger delivery go? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Mine is supposedly being delivered tomorrow. I'm hoping it goes well, but I'm a little nervous. I hope I don't ...

How did your Heuberger delivery go?

Mine is supposedly being delivered tomorrow. I'm hoping it goes well, but I'm a little nervous. I hope I don't find any damage.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User General Klinger's Avatar
    No issues with my delivery. I had the truck driver meet about 1/2 mile from my house so she could navigate the roads easier.

What happens if scratches or damages are found?

Registered User General Klinger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by latin_racer View Post
    What happens if scratches or damages are found?
    The driver has an inspection report. If there's any damage, then report it on that form and get a copy of it. The driver signs the report as well. Then immediately call Heuberger and let them know.

Quote Originally Posted by edacsac View Post
    Mine is supposedly being delivered tomorrow. I'm hoping it goes well, but I'm a little nervous. I hope I don't find any damage.
    How did it go? Anyone else get recently delivery?

Ha! Forgot all about this thread, since it went empty for so long.

It went good. Mine was on a full car career on the top/rear, and was pretty well protected and didn't need to moved before it got to me. Since I don't get cars delivered every day, the driver helped point out areas to be concerned with for inspection. I took them into consideration and also continued with my own plan. I had no damage, and was able to inspect under the car while it was on the truck.

I had him come directly to my home. My city allows trucks on residential when business begins or ends at a residential location.

Mine was easy, and Heuburger does force glass coverage. Road debris is a concern.

He also washed his load a couple of times during his trip.

I'm 50/50 if I would do it again or not, at least by how the driver explained how he sees paint and glass rock damage. Maybe a covered wagon if there is a next time.

Good experience overall, and the driver was A++. Good communication from the driver and company the day of and two days before delivery.

I considered delivery, but if you have the time and live west of Colorado Springs you might really enjoy the drive, it is some very scenic and beautiful country in the West. I looked into shipping, and if you go with your own shipper (lots on the internet, lots of reviews) there are bid sites that connect you with shippers and if you can be flexible on your timing can save $200-$300 on shipping as they are working to fill the last slots on a truck.
    In the end, I am really glad I flew down and drove the 1630 miles back to my house. There are things you can do in Eastern Utah, Idaho and Western Montana that simply cannot be done in Washington, and they all involve going fast for long periods of time through beautiful country. Throw in that I skied A-Basin, Snowbird and Alpental on the way home and it was a drive to remember.

As for the delivery - 10 minutes to sign papers and as long as I wanted going through the car and getting questions answered, I only had one question. Can I have the keys?! A trip to the Parts desk for 20% off and all I ended up getting was a window shade. Probably should have picked up an oil filter or two.

Cheers W or B

I considered Heuberger as well. I even talked to Clint and got a quote. I would have done the same thing had I not got a good deal that made it worth staying local. Hopefully the 2017s are on target and it arrives the last week of June like it says on the paperwork.

I was thinking of driving. I'm about 850 miles away but i'm worried about any rock chips or damages along the way without a clear bra or some sort of protection.

I was thinking of driving. I'm about 850 miles away but i'm worried about any rock chips or damages along the way without a clear bra or some sort of protection.
    They contract with a shop locally, or you could tape the piss out of it to get home safely to your shop of choice.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 WRX COBB Surgeline Stage 2 Pro Tune
    Journal-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

That's what I was thinking. Will look into it more.

I had them tint and add clear bra, I wanted it for the drive back. Also, the timing that I could fly down added enough time that the tint was past the do not roll the window down waiting period.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXorBraaap View Post
    I had them tint and add clear bra, I wanted it for the drive back. Also, the timing that I could fly down added enough time that the tint was past the do not roll the window down waiting period.
    Sweet, I heard those can be pretty expensive on their own. How much extra did those cost at Heuberger?

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusone View Post
    Sweet, I heard those can be pretty expensive on their own. How much extra did those cost at Heuberger?
    I'll have to dig it out honestly don't remember the exact amount. Washington is sort of expensive for that sort of stuff so I know it wasn't too far off,maybe the same, of what I would have paid up here anyhow. So I just didn't want to F with it and instead just had it done.

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's an option for protection for the drive home, made by the same folks who make XPEL, but designed for us "parking lot amateurs," as it is easily removable once home.

XPEL Tracwrap | XPEL

And sold in different sizes. However, a cheaper version is available here:

http://www.amazon.com/Road-Wrap-18-x...ustomerReviews

Or there is the 3M spray-on, temporary Paint Defender system (also Amazon available); here is a video showing how to apply this product (and also other vids on YouTube).

http://youtu.be/YRvL1aqG9JI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.