Choose between 16 wrx premium and litimed
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Choose between 16 wrx premium and litimed within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the Marketplace category; Hi all, I am pretty new to the forum and recently looking to order a WRX. I cant make up ...

Choose between 16 wrx premium and litimed

Hi all, I am pretty new to the forum and recently looking to order a WRX.

I cant make up mu mind between a premium and limited.

Limited comes with LED headlight, which I like, but I have drove without LED or HID and it is not a big issue for me. leather seat, ok, but heard my friend said it is kind of slippery compare to cloth seat. electrical adjust, not really necessary

should I save about 1.5k so maybe I can have more budget in case I would like some little mod afterwords?

Can anyone share some idea about the leather seat?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements

Wantagh, NY
    This is a pretty straightforward question IMHO and one for you, not us.

Do you want LED? The lights I think are really cool, coming from a car with crappy headlights.

Do you want leather? Subaru leather isn't really the highest in quality, but its OK for what it is. if you like leather in general, it makes the interior look better than cloth.

The $1500 is money well spent, if you want both of those things, the electric seat is a bonus. You're not going to be able to retrofit a great light system cheap and leather isn't cheap to add.

As muich as I wanted most of the premium features, it is a pretty big jump off of the base.

I went the other way though. I looked at the price of the premium, then said, the limited looks like a good deal and then thought, This is getting pricey, for another 3K I could get an STi base. So now I have a 2016 STi base car. No roof or electric seat, but do have the LEDs and Alcatera which is a nice upgrade over the leather IMHO, and I have all the great things that make an STi and STi.
    2016 Base STi WRB
    Gone but not forgotten: 2012 Mustang GT -White, 2003 MR2 - Green and tan, 2001 Ford Escape, 2003 Honda Accord, 2002 Nissan Maxima, 1999 VW Beetle, 1990 Infiniti M30, 1993 Sentra SE-R, 1987 Chevy Chevette

You will have to decide for yourself if you want to spend the extra cash, but I did opt for the limited (2015) mostly because of the leather interior.

I like cloth seats just fine, but to me having a cloth interior is more hair, lint, dirt.....they just always look messy to me. I like just being able to take a swiffer duster to the entire inside every once in a while between major cleanings and deal with it that way. The leather isn't the quality that you'll find in a high end BMW,etc, but it's not bad at all. I've had similar quality leather in other cars and it holds up fine with a conditioning treatment periodically. Keep in mind, I don't have pets, kids, etc in my car, so YMMV.

The LED headlights were a big surprise for me. I've had Factory HIDs in a few cars, but these LEDs are far superior to all those....visibility is great with these headlights. I get in my truck sometimes at night to drive and it feels like the lights (halogen) aren't even on because they are so dim in comparison.

It's all just going to depend on what you want. I think the leather and headlights make the extra money worth it....but I'm over 40 and I like what I's too short so I buy what I want these days.

Happy shopping.

I bought a '16 premium, I've never seen leather as a necissary option, and wanted the newer EJ engine. That excluded the limited and STI for me. So I decided throw a few thousand at mods. I just picked up an Accessport, an ETS turbo back exhaust and a Cobb intake. It all depends on what you want to do, and what is available on the lot! Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.