Soon to order 2016 WRX...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Soon to order 2016 WRX... within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; For the past couple of months, I thought I was pretty set on what I wanted. Now that it's time ...

Soon to order 2016 WRX...

For the past couple of months, I thought I was pretty set on what I wanted. Now that it's time to order, I'm having second thoughts.

I thought I wanted the Premium with the HK/Nav upgrade, but now I'm kicking around the Limited without HK/Nav. I can't afford both...I'm trying to keep it under $30k before taxes. My priority was the Nav and audio upgrade because I really don't want to fool with an aftermarket stereo this time around. New cars make it a pain to install.

I've never had a car with leather, and I thought all along that I wanted cloth, no matter what. I really like sitting in leather seats, though. I just worry about durability. I plan on tinting the windows immediately, and I'll be meticulous about cleaning and conditioning them so they'll probably last forever. The main things that draw me to the limited are the headlights and the power driver's seat. The only issue is that I'll have to live with the stock stereo.

I guess if the stock stereo is really terrible, I could try to catch the OEM+ setup if they ever have it on sale for $1000 down the road. But then, how is the functionality of the 6.2" Starlink vs the 7" in general, and as far as bluetooth? What about the Kicker speaker/sub upgrade?

The rest of the specs will be:
    6-speed manual
    Crystal Black Silica
    Cargo Tray
    STI Short Throw Shifter
    Armrest Extension

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesteel View Post
    For the past couple of months, I thought I was pretty set on what I wanted. Now that it's time to order, I'm having second thoughts.

I thought I wanted the Premium with the HK/Nav upgrade, but now I'm kicking around the Limited without HK/Nav. I can't afford both...I'm trying to keep it under $30k before taxes. My priority was the Nav and audio upgrade because I really don't want to fool with an aftermarket stereo this time around. New cars make it a pain to install.

I've never had a car with leather, and I thought all along that I wanted cloth, no matter what. I really like sitting in leather seats, though. I just worry about durability. I plan on tinting the windows immediately, and I'll be meticulous about cleaning and conditioning them so they'll probably last forever. The main things that draw me to the limited are the headlights and the power driver's seat. The only issue is that I'll have to live with the stock stereo.

I guess if the stock stereo is really terrible, I could try to catch the OEM+ setup if they ever have it on sale for $1000 down the road. But then, how is the functionality of the 6.2" Starlink vs the 7" in general, and as far as bluetooth? What about the Kicker speaker/sub upgrade?

The rest of the specs will be:
    6-speed manual
    Crystal Black Silica
    Cargo Tray
    STI Short Throw Shifter
    Armrest Extension
    Get a quote from the two main internet dealers on here. January at Heuberger and Clayton at Ramsey. You may be surprised at the pricing you can get. There's a chance you can have it ALL. Just sayin'. I like spending other peoples money. lol

BUT...you can always get the stereo upgraded at another time. Yes, the stock stereo really is THAT bad. You can also get dealer installed leather at another time if you really want it. Someone else in here did that. I can't remember who, but they were happy with the results. The Kicker speaker upgrade is NOT worth it and doesn't much improve the sound enough in my opinion. H/K or total aftermarket for sure.
    Everything in moderation. (especially moderation)

Current Garage:
    2013 G37x Coupe
    2015 Forester XT Touring
    Coming soon: 2016 WRX CVT Limited CWP - officially ordered!

The two upgrades I think are the best are the auto-dimming mirror and the center arm rest. I love my cloth interior, but that is all preference.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    Get a quote from the two main internet dealers on here. January at Heuberger and Clayton at Ramsey. You may be surprised at the pricing you can get. There's a chance you can have it ALL. Just sayin'. I like spending other peoples money. lol

BUT...you can always get the stereo upgraded at another time. Yes, the stock stereo really is THAT bad. You can also get dealer installed leather at another time if you really want it. Someone else in here did that. I can't remember who, but they were happy with the results. The Kicker speaker upgrade is NOT worth it and doesn't much improve the sound enough in my opinion. H/K or total aftermarket for sure.
    I'm not that set on leather, but I like the idea of a power seat...along with the other Limited features. I've grown to hate the manual seats in my '09 Scion xB...but most of my discomfort comes from a lack of telescoping steering column.

I could save a lot just getting a Premium without the HK, and then installing the Pioneer AppRadio. There's just so much work (and money) that goes into an aftermarket stereo in a new car.

I've gone back and forth with the 2 dealers local to me, and the best one is still $1500 more than January quoted me. That's where I'm going...It'll be a long, lonely drive, but it'll be fun. Shipping would be $925 so it's not really worth it to spend most of the money I save just to have it shipped. Besides...I really want to go back to CO Springs. It's been 17 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfedi View Post
    The two upgrades I think are the best are the auto-dimming mirror and the center arm rest. I love my cloth interior, but that is all preference.
    I like the cloth, too. I just got to thinking how nice leather does look, but it is hot in summer, for sure.

The one thing I really wish I had on my '15 Premium is the power seat. I don't mind the cloth but couldn't get power without leather and $$$. Two other options you don't list but I got and really like are the STi short shifter (much better than the standard long throw) and the auto-dimming homelink mirror.

I have the base stereo and the functions/featurs are good (I don't have iPhone so I don't need features like CarPlay) but the sound amplification is not great if you are using the radio or CDs. Sound is much better with MP3 or when you can get HD radio reception. I'm trying to decide on an aftermarket replacement. From what I hear the changes to how the dash has been setup on the '16 models make this more difficult than it will be in my '15. I doubt that this will be a long term issue though and the cost, features and performance of an aftermarket will be much better than even the OEM HK unit. Downside is you can't finance it with the new car unless your dealer can work with a local audio shop to get what you want installed as part of the car package.
    Ryan
    '15 WRX Premium -- Sunroof, short throw, upgraded lights (LED boomarangs, LED lowbeams), TapTurn, STi Wing, 20% Tint

As mentioned before, get in contact with the internet guys here. I was in the same situation months ago and I walked away with a limited with the nav/HK package and the auto dimming mirror for 32k.

I've already gotten quotes from January at Heuberger. That's the route I'm going...I'm trying to get the most for my money. The best deal I can get locally is $500 over invoice. I would love to have the Limited with the Nav/HK/Keyless access, but I can't afford to go over $30k. It's either Premium w/Nav/HK, or Limited without. With the STI STS, Center Armrest Extension, Cargo Tray, Auto-dimming Mirror, it puts me just under $30k. A Limited w/Nav/HK would put me closer to $32k. I told my wife I would keep the payment under $400/mo, and I'd rather not have to pay on it for 72 months. I'm planning on doing tint, lowering springs, Perrin shift stop and bushing, and WeatherTech Mats, immediately after I get it. It's tough because I can't trade my car so I'll have to refinance the car after I sell it. Unless I luck out and sell it within a few days of picking up my WRX.

At this point, I'm tempted to just get the Premium with the accessories I want, forgo the Nav/HK, and go with a Pioneer AppRadio and speaker upgrade when I can sell my car. I'm most worried about the backup camera. I know it sounds silly, but that's a huge part of my excitement about getting a new car. Backing out of my driveway in the dark and rain with 5% tint is a pain (xB w/ 1 reverse light doesn't help), and backup cameras make it so easy. The 6-speed and turbo have a little to do with it, of course...

The backup camera is standard on every '15 WRX I have ever seen. It uses the upper screen not the radio screen and is independent of the radio. I saw a how-to somewhere (YouTube?) on routing the video camera signal to both the stock screen and an input on a Pioneer double-din system. If you install an aftermarket system the upper display will show "radio missing" or something to that affect instead of the radio info but you can turn that off too.
    Last edited by 15WRBlue; 09-02-2015 at 09:50 PM.
    Ryan
    '15 WRX Premium -- Sunroof, short throw, upgraded lights (LED boomarangs, LED lowbeams), TapTurn, STi Wing, 20% Tint

For '16, the backup camera is displayed on the head unit.

You must be putting down some cash if you are keeping the payment under $400/mo on a $30K car. At 3% interest, $30K financed for 60 months is $540; 72 months is still $455/mo. Plus don't forget the sales tax, prep, and license fees on top of the purchase price.
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesteel View Post
    For '16, the backup camera is displayed on the head unit.
    I'm starting to like that I have a '15 Seems like having it up higher on the dash would be better for viewing during backing.
    Ryan

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.