2016 STi Extended Warranty
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2016 STi Extended Warranty within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hi all, I just picked up a 2016 base STi! Super excited. The dealership sold me the Subaru Gold Plus ...

2016 STi Extended Warranty

Hi all,

I just picked up a 2016 base STi! Super excited. The dealership sold me the Subaru Gold Plus 6 year / 60k mile extended warranty for $795... seemed like a good deal. I'm not planning on modding the car. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds OK to me. The problem with the extended warranty is that, though they sell it to you at $795, It accrues interest over the lifetime of the loan... Sometimes even after the warranty has expired!!

Just pay the $795 up front
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Yeah I did pay it up front. Oh also it has a $100 deductible... not sure if that's standard or makes it a worse deal?

I Support ClubWRX
    That's still not bad. I see some people paying upwards of $1600 for an extended warranty. And if you don't plan to do any modding, then I see no issues with that. Anyhow, congrats on the new purchase!
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.