Pricing for '11-'14 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Pricing for '11-'14 WRX within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I'm in the market for a 2011-2014 WRX hatch and I am just looking to get info on what I ...

Pricing for '11-'14 WRX

I'm in the market for a 2011-2014 WRX hatch and I am just looking to get info on what I should pay. There's a 2012 DGM available near me at an Acura dealer for $24,000 with 31,000 -- adult owned and never modded. I thought that was a decent price, as I'm seeing most for $25,000+.

What's a reasonable price I should expect to pay for either this one or another one similar? Was hoping to get one for around $22,000.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Have you checked KBB or NADA?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Yeah KBB has Fair Purchase Price at $22,000-$26,000 and NADA has it at $25,000.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cdasilva18 View Post
    Yeah KBB has Fair Purchase Price at $22,000-$26,000 and NADA has it at $25,000.
    It amazes me how high the resale is for these GR hatches. So does that answer your question?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    It amazes me how high the resale is for these GR hatches. So does that answer your question?
    Somewhat. Was just curious what others paid for theirs and how much haggle room I had with that $24,000 hatch. It's been on the lot for about a month and I figured it's tougher for an Acura dealer to sell a WRX vs. a Subie dealer.

I Support ClubWRX
    $24k for a 12 hatch with only 30k miles on it isn't that far out of the ballpark. Depending on the trim level, I've been seeing the hatches go for a good 10-20% more than the sedans.
    2008 Legacy 3.0R
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Retired
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Old Build Thread
    [SIZE=2]Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    $24k for a 12 hatch with only 30k miles on it isn't that far out of the ballpark. Depending on the trim level, I've been seeing the hatches go for a good 10-20% more than the sedans.
    Agreed. It's listed as premium with sunroof and heated seats online, but it's the base model. Used 2012 Subaru Impreza WRX For Sale in Berlin | Serving Manchester & Avon | Stock: 15340A

I Support ClubWRX
    That definitely looks worth looking into to me. I would try to bump them down on price at least 1k. But I would almost take it at 24k.

Some suggestions:
    1. Ask for any and all service records the dealership can get their hands on. Don't let them give you the "well the carfax shows it all!" bull****. The Carfax only shows what was reported to CarFax, which isn't typically everything.
    2. Also, If you are able to do so, ask for a test drive to the nearest, unassociated, 3rd party shop in which you trust to have it thoroughly inspected. If you can, try to make that shop one that is a performance shop and knows a thing or two about Subaru's.
    3. Try to look for signs of anything being out of place. In this, you are attempting to look for any signs of previous modifications.

Otherwise, if you can afford it, this one looks like a very good choice. And you should expect it to not stay on the market very long.
    2008 Legacy 3.0R
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Retired
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Old Build Thread
    [SIZE=2]Facebook

voidin warranty since 05 unseen's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cdasilva18 View Post
    I'm in the market for a 2011-2014 WRX hatch and I am just looking to get info on what I should pay. There's a 2012 DGM available near me at an Acura dealer for $24,000 with 31,000 -- adult owned and never modded. I thought that was a decent price, as I'm seeing most for $25,000+.

What's a reasonable price I should expect to pay for either this one or another one similar? Was hoping to get one for around $22,000.
    Thanks in advance.
    is that base? i almost copped a premium for 24,300 and a little more mileage. just for reference sake.
    stinkeye member #976

2014 wrx hatch build

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...een-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    is that base? i almost copped a premium for 24,300 and a little more mileage. just for reference sake.
    It's base. It's listed as having a sunroof and heated seats online, but it is indeed a base model. Thanks for the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    That definitely looks worth looking into to me. I would try to bump them down on price at least 1k. But I would almost take it at 24k.

Some suggestions:
    1. Ask for any and all service records the dealership can get their hands on. Don't let them give you the "well the carfax shows it all!" bull****. The Carfax only shows what was reported to CarFax, which isn't typically everything.
    2. Also, If you are able to do so, ask for a test drive to the nearest, unassociated, 3rd party shop in which you trust to have it thoroughly inspected. If you can, try to make that shop one that is a performance shop and knows a thing or two about Subaru's.
    3. Try to look for signs of anything being out of place. In this, you are attempting to look for any signs of previous modifications.

Otherwise, if you can afford it, this one looks like a very good choice. And you should expect it to not stay on the market very long.
    Thanks for the help. It's been on the lot for about a month, likely because it's at an Acura dealer.

I don't know where you live but up here in MN they tend to go for a pretty penny so those price point seems about right or average. In my one year of searching I've came across a few older models with up to 50k miles that still fetched upwards to $27k. Sedans I've came across tend to be $1-2k cheaper and sits on the lot longer. The only wiggle room I got was at a Honda dealership on a poorly taken care of wrx hb. As you mention, since it isn't a Subie dealership you can probably get at least a grand off especially since it's been sitting.

At the end of my search I ended up with a 2013 base model with 40k miles for $24k. I was able to get them to throw in practically brand new Blizzak winter tires with rims so I'll just act as if that went to up the cost of my car to $24K. Depending on how that WRX you are looking at check out, I would have snatched it in a heart beat.

I paid 21,000 for my 2011 this past February with 50k miles in Pittsburgh, Pa

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.