SHOULD I PULL THE TRIGGER??? (PLEASE READ)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on SHOULD I PULL THE TRIGGER??? (PLEASE READ) within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; So here is my situation. I have an 09 Civic Si with 93k miles. I owe ,400. Dealership offered me ...

SHOULD I PULL THE TRIGGER??? (PLEASE READ)

So here is my situation. I have an 09 Civic Si with 93k miles. I owe $14,400. Dealership offered me $9,500. I want to get out of it before repairs start coming up and my warranty is out, because I think the clutch is going. I've been looking at a WRX that came into the dealership I work at, I've always wanted one. Its a 2013 Hatchback with 31k miles. What's crazy is they are willing to sell it to me for $21,200 (STEAL) with brand new tires, fresh oil and filter changes, inspection, etc. What is killing me is the negative equity, but when it is all said and done, they got me Out the Door at 3.2% for 72 months with $500 down, paying $426 a month with a $500 down payment. Does this seem like a good outcome given my negative equity? How much are you all paying for your WRX per month? Any feedback and/or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You need to find out how much you are going to be financing, my guess is gonna be somewhere between 26k-28k. If your ok with that, you can handle the monthly payment and its the car you want, i say go for it.

Actually a SuperSpy. Take Care. SD_GR's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    How much does a clutch cost? A Honda with 93K should be a new car if it was maintained properly. I'd keep the Honda.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Πως έγινε με τούτο τον αιώνα και γύρισε καπάκι η ζωή
    Πως το ’φεραν η μοίρα και τα χρόνια να μην ακούσεις έναν ποιητή
    Manos Eleftheriou
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    These kinds of threads are really hard to give feedback on. It really depends on your financial situation.

Can you comfortably afford $426 per month?
    Have you seen how much your insurance will increase?
    Is a 72 month loan on a used car really even a good idea?

You'll really have to take a hard look at your finances to determine if this is a good move or not. I personally wouldn't do it based on the information provided. However, I'm not you and only you (and possibly your family) have to deal with the consequences of this decision.
    My "Build" Thread!

2015 VW GTI

2006 WRX TR - SOLD
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    These kinds of threads are really hard to give feedback on. It really depends on your financial situation.

Can you comfortably afford $426 per month?
    Have you seen how much your insurance will increase?
    Is a 72 month loan on a used car really even a good idea?

You'll really have to take a hard look at your finances to determine if this is a good move or not. I personally wouldn't do it based on the information provided. However, I'm not you and only you (and possibly your family) have to deal with the consequences of this decision.

+100 to what Michaelwfox said.
    And also you have to figure in the price of maintenance as well.
    These cars are more money to maintain than a Honda or Toyota.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

No, you shouldn't pull the trigger. You're $5K upside down on the Civic. And I'd have some questions on why the WRX is $5K under retail.

I Support ClubWRX
    Put it this way...if you have to ask OTHERS what to do...there's a problem

If you have to ask others if you should buy a car....then your answer is immediately no

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Not asking other people if I should buy the car. Just asking opinions based off the situation. I appreciate all of your feedback.

I Support ClubWRX
    Exactly my point

A clutch cost a couple hundred...
    One montly payment of a splurge buy on a car that will screw you over. You're basically payong for a clutch job every month for the next 6 years

426 for 72 months is insane

Wanting out of the honda being 5 grand upside down just because it needs a clutch is pointless

Stinkeye member 520

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    Exactly my point

A clutch cost a couple hundred...
    One montly payment of a splurge buy on a car that will screw you over. You're basically payong for a clutch job every month for the next 6 years

426 for 72 months is insane

Wanting out of the honda being 5 grand upside down just because it needs a clutch is pointless

This is very true.
    You would have negative equity and big payments.
    This is why so many people long for a WRX until they can really afford one.
    I was one of them the longing lurker. When I got my 04 it was like realizing a dream.
    Then a couple years later I could get a new 13 for $350 for 72 so I got it.
    You have plenty of time. Fix the Honda and start saving, you'll be there before you know it.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Exactly like Tim said. Don't rush for a weak opportunity now and possibly strap yourself. Take it from me, it's actually what I did. Traded in a perfectly fine brand new 2010 Lancer with mo equity, no down payment, terrible credit and payments close to 500 for 5 years. I JUST recently refinanced the car in January and my payments are more managable and only added amd extra 4 months. Now paying 398 and putting a bit towards the principle every month hoping to pay it off as fast as possible because the car has been having issues (hence the reason to not pay such a high amount) it's getting a good bit of mileage, 2009 just broke 117k and still have 30 months. Not ideal.
    Especially aftwr having to drop over 2 grand just for a clutch job that should have pnly been 500 plus cost of fluid and parts....so 2100 bucks for fluid and labor

Just because you can barely afford the payment, does not mean you cam afford the car. Ideally I want around 350 brand new or less

Wait until you know you won't want to kill yourself because you're stressed about being broke and in debt for the next 6 years

Stinkeye member 520

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    How much does a clutch cost? A Honda with 93K should be a new car if it was maintained properly. I'd keep the Honda.
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

Thanks for all of the tips. My worry is that the longer I wait the harder it's going to be to find a newer WRX hatch with low miles. I don't want the new WRX. But yall are right. I really do appreciate the advice. Just tired of the sluggish Si. And no the clutch going is not the only reason I'm looking to trade in, that would be stupid

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    How do you still owe 14,4 on a 6 year old Honda? Are you paying $100 a month?

In all seriousness, though, I'd try to wait it out, pay off your car more, you'll always find another WRX, but if you get yourself in a financial bind with a hefty car payment, then you'll be carless all together.
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

I bought it pre owned a little over a year ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.