Im thinking of buying a wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Im thinking of buying a wrx within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys, im new to the wrx forum and was wondering if you guys could help me out. Im looking ...

Im thinking of buying a wrx

Hey guys, im new to the wrx forum and was wondering if you guys could help me out. Im looking at buying a 2002 wrx with minimal rust, 275 000 kms with a tune and exhaust. It is also lowered. The timing belt has recently been done (with water pump) and has been well maintained. The asking price is 5000 with winter tires. Is that a fair price?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't know if its a good price or not but I personally would not buy a performance car that was previously tuned and had modifications. How many previous owners?
    2014 WRX ISM Hatch - Tuned by Torqued Performance

I believe either 2 or 3. I know the current owner personally. He is a mechanic and very particular with his cars.

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    do not buy this wrx because it has mods and was driven fast and hard... unless you like being a risky daredevil!

btw nice username... i chuckled...
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

Haha i am a bit of a daredevil, but not when it comes to this lol I was planning on modding it myself... ive been in it and driven it and it feels good. The engine strong and it doesnt make any odd noises and it hardly burns any oil at all. Im mostly concerned with the kms. And i just found out scooby snacks are sleeping pills lol

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd say go for it as long as it's the "fun car" and not your daily driver (or if you have a backup car). A modded car that old will likely have been put through some serious abuse. Most people don't mod cars to ride them gently.
    BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    lol this guy... i like him already...

get the car for "stuffz" and giggles... if you know what I mean... but you've been warned good sir... you've been warned...
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.