Looking to buy a 2011 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking to buy a 2011 wrx within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys new to the forum. I am going to look at a 2011 wrx tomorrow. The car was a ...

Looking to buy a 2011 wrx

Hey guys new to the forum. I am going to look at a 2011 wrx tomorrow. The car was a lease and the guy that had it bought it out and sold it to his buddy to sell on his lot. The car is in pretty much perfect condition no scratches or dents. Looks like it has been in the garage all of its life. Any ways the car has 20000 miles, no fog lights, regular cd stereo, and completely stock. I was wondering if you guys thought it was a good buy at $23500. I already looked at it one last week and I was pretty much going to buy tomorrow. Just wanted to know what you guys thought and if you had any advice on things to look for. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    For a car that old, not that it's really THAT old, I would try to haggle a lower price. I picked my bone stock 2011 sedan up 18 months ago with 38k miles for $21,500. Now I got a pretty good deal on it at the time as the going price was just a bit higher. However, it seems like a good buy either way, I just wouldn't pay quite that much for it.

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobaru11 View Post
    Hey guys new to the forum. I am going to look at a 2011 wrx tomorrow. The car was a lease and the guy that had it bought it out and sold it to his buddy to sell on his lot. The car is in pretty much perfect condition no scratches or dents. Looks like it has been in the garage all of its life. Any ways the car has 20000 miles, no fog lights, regular cd stereo, and completely stock. I was wondering if you guys thought it was a good buy at $23500. I already looked at it one last week and I was pretty much going to buy tomorrow. Just wanted to know what you guys thought and if you had any advice on things to look for. Thanks!
    stock and clean is good

well taken care of and maintained properly is great

but i shall agree with THE good ol' McBill and say that you should haggle the price down a bit... he got a solid deal on his... so you should too...

good luck and keep us posted!
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

Just an update I went there yesterday to see what they would do and I got them down to $23000. The owner of the car dealership said that is the absolute lowest he will go so I said I'd think about it. I don't think that's too bad of a deal. It's hard to find something completely stock these days. Also, the car is in excellent condition. The interior looks new still and the paint is in pretty much perfect condition. There's a couple small rock chips on the front bumper but other than that it looks great. One last thing I found out the car has the SPT exhaust on further investigation.

Just an update I went there yesterday to see what they would do and I got them down to $23000. The owner of the car dealership said that is the absolute lowest he will go so I said I'd think about it. I don't think that's too bad of a deal. It's hard to find something completely stock these days. Also, the car is in excellent condition. The interior looks new still and the paint is in pretty much perfect condition. There's a couple small rock chips on the front bumper but other than that it looks great. One last thing I found out the car has the SPT exhaust on further investigation.
    it has the SPT? IT HAS THE SPT? O.M.F.G.

haha well $23k is a pretty fair price for a clean and stock car... I would get it...

go get it... you deserve it...

So I ended up buying this car. Two days later I got a p2097 CEL so I've been doing some research on that. Nice way to start off our relationship. lol I put some fuel injector cleaner in and cleaned the MAF, so far it hasn't come back on. I wonder if they got the MAF dirty when they cleaned the engine some how. If it comes back on it looks like it's one of the O2 sensors.

I Support ClubWRX
    Seems to be an odd code for a car with only 20k miles. Did you check for an exhaust leak? It could be that the sensor has gone bad as well. It didn't look like there were any mods done to the car are there?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

So I ended up buying this car. Two days later I got a p2097 CEL so I've been doing some research on that. Nice way to start off our relationship. lol I put some fuel injector cleaner in and cleaned the MAF, so far it hasn't come back on. I wonder if they got the MAF dirty when they cleaned the engine some how. If it comes back on it looks like it's one of the O2 sensors.
    that's some Subaru level luck right there

So this CEL came back. I called the dealership and they said it never came on for them. The car is getting around 25 MPG highway so I'm thinking that the front O2 is working. All of the driving I do is highway. Also another thing it said when I was researching was leaking injectors, again I would think my MPG would be lower if they were leaking . Do you guys think this could just be the rear O2 causing this code?

I Support ClubWRX
    Hard to tell without reading the code, could be absolutely anything.

Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Disregard that post. I didn't read through. If it was your front O2 sensor, you would know. That code was for the rear O2 sensor. Try replacing it and see what happens

Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Yeah I was wondering if it was rich though because the front o2 wasn't working properly. I hate to just throw parts at the car. A lot of the people that have had this problem resolved it by replacing front o2. How much of a difference do you guys think it would make on mpg and such if the front o2 was bad? The car idles okay no problems or anything.. Just have a CEL P2097. I got under the car on the lift and didn't hear any exhaust leaks I don't hear any ticking or anything on cold start.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.