Quick pricing question 2015 STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Quick pricing question 2015 STi within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; We saw a STi at the auto show and we're hooked again. MSRP Sticker price on the STi ,750. We ...

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.

Quick pricing question 2015 STi

We saw a STi at the auto show and we're hooked again.

MSRP Sticker price on the STi $35,750.

We talked to the dealer who originally offered 21k for my 13 premium WRX sedan with 20k miles on it. KBB says 23k and some change is a 'good' (not excellent) asking price. My car is well taken care of and well maintained. I told him I couldn't accept any less than 23k, which he said he could work on. I told him I'd call him today and we could agree on a fair deal.

That being said... KBB says a fair price for the STi we're looking at is 33-34k in our area. Is that realistic? Our WRX is paid off, but we'd want to finance the money left over and pay it off within the next year.

I was going to call back today and shoot a price of 34k on the Sti with 23k on the trade. Am I being unrealistic? I'm usually the guy who settles on very little below sticker price. I purchased my 13 WRX premium from this guy with very little compromise, since I had a hard time getting a hold of one. I'm not a haggler, but I want to feel like I got a fair deal on the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    Here's the exact car my wife and I want to order. I don't want the molested auto show room floor car. The STi has been my dream car for the past 10 years:

I Support ClubWRX
    Invoice price for a base model sti is about $32,600. I was seriously considering buying one from Clayton, but it didn't look like I could make the finances work out how I would have liked them to. Winning the lottery would be nice.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

OP, the photo you reference as being the exact one is a limited. Not sure you can get that for $34k.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

^ how can you tell? No sun roof, no leather, no upgraded stereo. Sticker price was $35,750.
    Last edited by ProZach626; 01-24-2015 at 12:57 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    ^ how can you tell? No sun roof, no leather, no upgraded stereo. Sticker price was $35,750.
    It looks like the base model to me.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

The limited also has the other set of wheels just not gold like the launch
    I'm sure that's the base
    Stinkeye member 520

Been trying to get a hold of my sales guy all day. I'm going to request 23k in trade (13 premium WRX sedan 21k miles) and 35k flat on the new STi. That will leave me with interest and taxes on top of the remaining 12k I'll have to finance. He's not really a haggle kind of guy, so I'm just going to say if we can't make it happen it's a no go. The only reason we'd do it now is if everything worked out conveniently. If not, no big deal.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose42 View Post
    OP, the photo you reference as being the exact one is a limited. Not sure you can get that for $34k.
    I stand corrected guys, not sure what in the hell I was thinking!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    Been trying to get a hold of my sales guy all day. I'm going to request 23k in trade (13 premium WRX sedan 21k miles) and 35k flat on the new STi. That will leave me with interest and taxes on top of the remaining 12k I'll have to finance. He's not really a haggle kind of guy, so I'm just going to say if we can't make it happen it's a no go. The only reason we'd do it now is if everything worked out conveniently. If not, no big deal.

Any advice?

This sounds good for me. Don't let him win in a game of cat and mouse when it comes to negotiation. Depending on what additional options are on that car, from base invoice the dealership is making $3,250 at the price he gave you.... there is certainly wiggle room in that price. However, they will usually only go one way or the other ie. give you a better deal on the new car but keep trade in at original offer, or give you more money for the trade in but keep the new car at sticker or just below.

It sounds like you have the right ideas in mind though.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Well guys, looks like I'm going to be around for several more years. I put my $1000 deposit on my 2015 WRB STi. The only option I got was the STS.

I didn't get the greatest deal on the car, paying $35,249 + $199 admin fee (I know...), but I'm comfortable paying that. I'm not a haggler. I just went with it as opposed to playing the game to get 35 flat. The car will be paid off within about a year anyway, since we'll have about 10k to finance. That being said, he gave me 23k for my WRX, sight unseen, knowing that it has been modded, and knowing I'll be putting stock parts back on the car. He sold me the car two years ago and he saw it in good condition when I came in for an oil change a few months ago. He originally wanted to give me 21k for my car, which I thought was really low until I started doing more homework and realizing 21k would have been an OK trade.

90 days can't come soon enough. I finally purchased the car I've wanted for over ten years.

My wife was all for it, but she says I'm keeping this one for a while... She's been really encouraging, but I honestly think she may divorce me if I tell her I want a new car in two years. My family on the other hand, although they acted polite, I can tell they think I'm a moron for this... Especially when they found out that I've never had the opportunity to drive one.
    Last edited by ProZach626; Yesterday at 11:08 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Great!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.