Should I buy this 2011 rex hatch?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Should I buy this 2011 rex hatch? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. I just want to say that I have learned so much information ...

Question Should I buy this 2011 rex hatch?

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. I just want to say that I have learned so much information on this forum that it is incredible, I appreciate and love the wrx community. Anyways, I am in the market for a rex and I currently live in Washington state. They tend to sell for a lot higher than any kbb value or site that tells the value of a car, and it is a problem to find the right price usually. I have contacted many private sellers and stomped around the dealers in my area for a couple months now. Which brings me here, I have found one that I am interested in and was wondering the forums' opinion.

Here is the link to the car in question: FS/FT: (For Sale or Trade) CA, 2011 Subaru WRX, 70,000, with nice mods, 20,500obo - NASIOC

It is the same 2011 body style I have been looking for, low miles, clean, 1 owner and the guy would take 18k$ for it which is an awesome deal considering the prices of some of them in the NW area where I live. The downside, is that it has quite a few modifications. I never really wanted to buy a rex with mods but this deal is so sweet that I lean towards it. He said there has never been any issues, or reliability issues whatsoever (you can only take his word for it), and that if I bought it for 18k he would put it completely back to stock besides the bushings.

My question is, should I jump? Everything is what I am looking for besides the mods, he also has the stock rims and everything. Idk like I said I never wanted to get a modded rex, but the year, the price, and the deal in general is very tempting. What are your thoughts? I am thinking about flying down to buy it.

Thanks! Input is appreciated. Also if I do buy it I plan on going to stage 2 instantly with an accessport tune.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    With a large purchase like that, you want no mods.
    Did he offer service records?
    You have to be careful with the WRX.
    You want no mods and as few miles as possible.
    And NO mods, if it was 100% why is he selling it?
    Ask lots of questions.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

He said he is selling because he is investing in a friends company. I was weary about the mods too, I just didnt know that since its fairly new and still under warranty if it was worth it.

No service records, changed all the fluids and plugs himself. He said it never once had a problem. original owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Amoney21 View Post
    No service records, changed all the fluids and plugs himself. He said it never once had a problem. original owner.
    see if he has all of the receipts
    Stinkeye member 520

He has a bunch of unnecessary stupid mods. FMIC? Blow off valve? Why? He doesn't have a huge turbo. Stupid.

Ask if he has oem parts still. If he does, tell him to include them.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The bpv does make a bit of sense on the GR platform. All other mods seem very poorly planned with no flow. For example, why another fuel pump??
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Amoney21 View Post
    He said he is selling because he is investing in a friends company. I was weary about the mods too, I just didnt know that since its fairly new and still under warranty if it was worth it.
    That warranty doesn't mean **** with all the mods he's put on. Don't expect that warranty to add any value whatsoever. $20,500 seems a little steep for that car. I might pay 18k for it, but there are definitely more fish in the ocean.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.