Can anyone run a carfax for me for free?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Can anyone run a carfax for me for free? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I'm looking to run a car fax on a 2005 Sti that I'm looking to buy if you can help ...

Can anyone run a carfax for me for free?

I'm looking to run a car fax on a 2005 Sti that I'm looking to buy if you can help me out and email me the car fax I would greatly appreciate it. I can provide vin.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You're worried about saving $10 on a $15K+ purchase?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Where can you get a $10 car fax?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zavi
    Where can you get a $10 car fax?
    Whatever $$ they're charging now, it's irrelevant; it was a rhetorical question...

Work whatever into the sale. Agree to purchase the car upon receipt of valid Carfax or something once you decide you would purchase a vehicle. The same way you should be doing with a compression/leakdown test (at a third-party mechanic). If the vehicle passes, you pay; if not, the owner pays.

I would NOT purchase a used Subaru without all three of those done (although, I fully understand the shortcomings of Carfax reporting system). The only reason the owner wouldn't agree to those terms is he believes it won't pass, and therefore, I'd walk on the deal out of principal. Plus, you get some kind of peace of mind for your money when title transfers that you have as good of a vehicle as you can hope for.

UNYSOC

Thanks I appreciate it.

I Support ClubWRX
    As I brought up, working them into the deal is a way that you can help judge seller honesty. Yes, it costs you a little bit of money, but if they play the game of letting you do all your tests, you can be pretty sure they're not trying to hide anything...

UNYSOC

I'm going to do it for sure. I'm looking at in on Tuesday. 05 with 69k miles he wants 22k.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zavi
    I'm going to do it for sure. I'm looking at in on Tuesday. 05 with 69k miles he wants 22k.
    Where about? Can recommend a shop that deals with modified Subarus (even if it's "listed" as stock), you want people who would be able to recognize the "part-out" return to stock jobs...

UNYSOC

Oakos is around me I'm in Novi MI, he is in Macomb. Car is stage one has accessport and intake

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Aspen White - $22000
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/4776458665.html

via cPro Craigslist App
    Android: http://bit.ly/CL_android
    iOS: http://bit.ly/CL_iOS

That price is from KBB excellent condition value, plus a little. I'd offer 20 flat. Crazy to see a car that old still be worth so much.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zavi View Post
    Oakos is around me I'm in Novi MI, he is in Macomb. Car is stage one has accessport and intake

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Aspen White - $22000
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Aspen White

via cPro Craigslist App
    Android: http://bit.ly/CL_android
    iOS: http://bit.ly/CL_iOS
    He's got a full catless exhaust on the car too (which would properly be tuned with a stage 2 tune, not stage 1 as you have indicated). Just something to consider. Not sure your emissions standards, but a catless exhaust will typically fail emissions if there are any type of restrictions in your area.

Looked at the car today, isnt in $22,000 condition, he is 20 yrs old, its stage 2, ran and drove fine. Even though he didn't let me drive it cause i didnt have cash in hand. I offered him 19k. The front bumper needed some tlc. rock chips etc... it also had a little crack in the wind sheild.. dent on the rear passenger door... 3" all the way back... idk what i should do. I think 19k is fair.. what do you guys think ?

I think 18 or 19 would be fair
    Stinkeye member 520

Thanks for the response

Decided not to get the white 2005 sti. To many imperfections for me and he wouldn't take no less then 20k. I found a 2004 sti with 44k miles all stock 19k out the door. very excited to pick it up tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.