2010 WRX for 13,995 at dealership - Need advise please
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX for 13,995 at dealership - Need advise please within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey clubWRX gurus, I need some advise and opinions of those more familiar with WRXs than me. The Autobarn City ...

2010 WRX for 13,995 at dealership - Need advise please

Hey clubWRX gurus,

I need some advise and opinions of those more familiar with WRXs than me. The Autobarn City Volkswagon in Chicago has a Red 2010 WRX for $13,995 they just took in on trade. Problem is, the CARFAX they provide says it was in an accident where the airbags deployed and structural damage was reported. However, the car has a clean title . They must have a repair cost to vehicle value policy for salvages out west? The only aftermarkets I notice online is the Indivia exhaust.

It's a 1 owner that appears to have bought new in 2010, had the accident in 2011, got it repaired and has had it since then. It's been from Vegas, to LA, to Chicago.

Here's the link: 2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX for sale in Chicago - JF1GE7G60AG516148 - The Autobarn City Volkswagen (if we're not allowed to post external links, I apologize and I'll remove asap).
    VIN: JF1GE7G60AG516148

Any advise would be helpful. I'd love to finally upgrade my GST to a WRX. I've looked at a few WRX and STIs over the past couple years and inspected using the guides I found here on clubwrx (which were great btw. Should see the looks on everyone faces when going through the 4 page checklist, lol).

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Save a little longer, keep looking. Wait for a better deal and a clean/stock WRX. That's my simple opinion and advice.

If the title is clean it may be listed wrong as accident and airbags. Happened to me, got stuck in a snow drift and had to get towed out...dip#### (sorry still pisses me off after 3 years) cop said airbags deployed and it was an accident when really it wasnt. Got the airbags off but carfax said the accident can't because of the police report
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    Save a little longer, keep looking. Wait for a better deal and a clean/stock WRX. That's my simple opinion and advice.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    If the title is clean it may be listed wrong as accident and airbags. Happened to me, got stuck in a snow drift and had to get towed out...dip#### (sorry still pisses me off after 3 years) cop said airbags deployed and it was an accident when really it wasnt. Got the airbags off but carfax said the accident can't because of the police report
    That's really interesting. Never heard of that happening. I'd probably be pissed for several years as well, lol. This one is listed with 'structural damage' though. I can't help but think that could just mean a bent headlight mount, or something serious like a bent frame. I wonder if they would be able to put me in contact with the previous owner. Thanks for sharing!

I honestly would look for another one.. I see a CAI and reading the description vehicle would be purchased as is with no warranty whatsoever. Structural damage means frame. Also in the car fax is a transmission overhaul.. I would try to find another one with little to no loose ends. Just my opinion.
    2014 DGM Sedan

Stink Eye Mob #228

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    I honestly would look for another one.. I see a CAI and reading the description vehicle would be purchased as is with no warranty whatsoever. Structural damage means frame. Also in the car fax is a transmission overhaul.. I would try to find another one with little to no loose ends. Just my opinion.
    Bruce, thank you for taking a look. I totally missed the transmission overhaul line item . Helps to have a second set of eyes. And the search continues.

Thanks everyone who took a look. I really appreciate the time.

Yeah, run away. When you are making an investment like this, its imperative to be patient for EXACTLY what you want. I know it's easy to see something exciting you really want the first time you see it, but that's looking through the rose colored glasses. The more time you take to research and learn, and ask questions like you did here, the better!

It took me weeks/months of searching and asking questions to purchase each of the Subarus I've had (and the 350z I had in between).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yeah, run away. When you are making an investment like this, its imperative to be patient for EXACTLY what you want. I know it's easy to see something exciting you really want the first time you see it, but that's looking through the rose colored glasses. The more time you take to research and learn, and ask questions like you did here, the better!

It took me weeks/months of searching and asking questions to purchase each of the Subarus I've had (and the 350z I had in between).

I agree 100%
    Take your time figure out exactly what you want, you'll be glad later.
    It took a couple months to find my brothers 2013 Foreseter.
    Checked every dealer around private sales, came up with nothing.
    I called the salesman that sold me 3 Subarus already, at my local dealer.
    He found exactly what my brother wanted in about 7 days.
    I would recomend calling your local dealers, get them to look for you.
    It also helps with price negotiations, to pit dealers against each other.
    You'll get the best deal with none of the stress and hassle to deal with.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Mmmm 350z. I'll take another one
    Be patient bud, a good deal will come along as long as you're patient and know what you're looking for.
    Definitely smart to come and ask questions...we do get a lot of these and the advice is great from here
    Watch...you'll find a diamond in the rough type of deal soon enough..they're rare but happen.
    I just picked up a 2007 g35 for my girl with 112k miles but got it for 13k out the door and one previous owner with routine maintenance done like a ritual. E b every oil change and every 30k service done at infiniti. Got the paperwork to prove it too
    We pay 306 a month with a 3 year 36k extended warrenty. Plus she's a first time buyer and I have my car loan as well and still got a good loan for hers
    Stinkeye member 520

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.