2015 WRX options and packages
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX options and packages within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I am very confused about the options and packages for ordering a 2015 WRX. I have played with the online ...

2015 WRX options and packages

I am very confused about the options and packages for ordering a 2015 WRX. I have played with the online "build your own WRX" tool many many times, but the only package available there is the navigation and sound system. Then, I found this:2015 Subaru WRX Premium Sedan Options - 2015 Subaru WRX Premium Packages - Motor Trend Magazine. Are these options real? If so, which ones are in your lists? For me, the short throw shifter is a must, so is the auto dim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel007_y View Post
    For me, the short throw shifter is a must, so is the auto dim

Might want to research things some before ordering.. you can get an aftermarket short shifter that's just as good for significantly less (around $100). And the auto dimming mirrors fail constantly. Every one that I've owned (four) broke in a short period of time, and most people that I know who have them also have issues (the liquid leaks out and the mirror turns black and useless).

There's some "luxuries" that are pointless. Nice yes but do you really need auto dimming mirrors and a ss kit overpriced from the dealer? Or go with kartboy for less and probably better performance
    Stinkeye member 520

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Might want to research things some before ordering.. you can get an aftermarket short shifter that's just as good for significantly less (around $100). And the auto dimming mirrors fail constantly. Every one that I've owned (four) broke in a short period of time, and most people that I know who have them also have issues (the liquid leaks out and the mirror turns black and useless).
    Huh, that's not been my experience with the auto-dimming mirrors at all. My 2007 Outback's auto-dim works fine, and while the original one on my bugeye burned out after 10 years, the replacement worked fine for as long as I had the car. The original mirror on my parent's 14 year old BMW works like new as well (one of the few steadfast electrical bits on the car by this point). I'm not in as hot of a climate as you, though, maybe that's a factor. LCDs hate heat.

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    There's some "luxuries" that are pointless. Nice yes but do you really need auto dimming mirrors and a ss kit overpriced from the dealer?
    Honestly, after having auto-dim on both my Subarus to date, I can't live without it. I see it as more than a luxury, since the LCD only dims as much as is needed, giving a more clear rearview than just flicking the switch between the two mirror positions.
    Last edited by Rambo; 11-21-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I'm not in as hot of a climate as you, though, maybe that's a factor. LCDs hate heat.

I hadn't thought about that.. I've never seen one last more than three years around here. I always just end up replacing them with a standard mirror and never have any further problems.

I've never had one but always wanted one when night driving. The night I drove my 15 home was when I realized it had it and I was ecstatic. Jacked up F350 stopped behind me at a light, no problemo. Totally worth the 200 ish they cost.

How about the speakers upgrade? Does it worth the money?

Quote Originally Posted by daniel007_y View Post
    How about the speakers upgrade? Does it worth the money?

You could get much better speakers, for like 1/10th the cost.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.