09 wrx premium $17K advice!?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 09 wrx premium K advice!? within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I want to make an offer on this 09 wrx I found, but I'm concerned that it has been ragged ...

09 wrx premium $17K advice!?

I want to make an offer on this 09 wrx I found, but I'm concerned that it has been ragged on. The stock turbo has been replaced and there is 80k miles on the car. Is this a red flag? Other than that, it seems to be well maintained and in good shape. Here's the link, check it out and let me know what you guys think.

http://flint.craigslist.org/cto/4760428678.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wouldn't buy it if I were you.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    a clutch and turbo already replaced? i'd walk away.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's not the one my friend.
    WRXs in great shape un modded are hard to come by.
    When I'm looking for a used car, I call a couple dealers around here.
    Usually you can get the dealer to search for you, makes things mutch easier.
    With all the people that ordered and purchased a 15, there will be more and more pre owned older WRXs for sale. Where are you located?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

The clutches are known to go at whatever intervals the clutch feels like so no surprise there..as far as the turbo though...only a few things come to mind that would constitute needing to replace it such as launch control excessively, lacking oil changes. ..maybe debris getting caught. Walk buddy and wait for the next
    Stinkeye member 520

Not to mention I also bought base at 18000 bucks with just under 70k miles.
    Stinkeye member 520

I won't even buy a used car so I can't chime in. Living in Michigan with crappy roads, crazy weather and frequently flooded freeways in the cities...too many factors and too much risk.
    With that said, new turbo=red flag. Stay away. Either it was NEEDED because the old one was killed or just wasn't maintained well, or it was heavily modded and you have no idea what's been touched and how it was tuned, etc.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.