2004 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX within the Car Purchasing Forum forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hi there's a 2004 Subaru Wrx sedan for 8000, it has 151k miles and it has a coolant reservoir slow ...

2004 WRX

Hi there's a 2004 Subaru Wrx sedan for 8000, it has 151k miles and it has a coolant reservoir slow leak, and opinions? Feel free to say anything i need help! is there a way to permanently fix the reservoir leak? oh ya i forgot to mention that he replaced the clutch?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Link?
    List of mods, when was the timing belt last done and water pump
    Pics of the car and leak especially to verify it is the reservoir. Depending where the leak is you may be able to just replace the reservoir
    Stinkeye member 520

WRX 2004

Here are some notes.
    -Mileage between oil changes was always between 3000 & 5000 miles with full synthetic oil
    -All electronics are working
    -A/C & heater works
    -replaced the clutch
    -new set of tires(bought this year)
    -sti spoiler
    -upgraded rims
    -replaced the head gasket and got the engine machined
    -replaced the power steering pump last year

i cant upload the pictures for some reason but its pretty nice, are there any questions i should ask the owner?(he told me the car ran perfectly)

The biggest concern would be the timing belt and water pump. That's die every 7 years or 105k miles, whichever comes first. So the belt should have been done quite a while ago and if not needs to be asap. The water pump usually starts failing soon after the belts due so it's a good idea to replace it then and there. Then an even better thing is to replace the tensioner and pulleys. The last thing you want is to spend money on a belt just for it to break because a pulley seized
    Stinkeye member 520

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.